Now that the cat's well and truly out of the bag and running round scratching things, Naughty Dog has come clean and explained what we can expect from The Last of Us: Remastered on PS4.
In a post over on PlayStation Blog, Naughty Dog community strategist Arne Meyer said that the game will be with us as of Summer this year, before expanding on what's under the hood.
"Moving our efforts to the PS4 has allowed us to remaster an already phenomenal looking The Last of Us in 1080p with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements," Meyer said.
A PS4 release of The Last of Us has been rumoured for a while (and was an obvious no-brainer) but Sony sealed the deal
with a banner on one of its websites yesterday.
In addition to the technical touch-ups, the game will also include director's commentary for the cinematics. The voices you'll hear include creative director and writer, Neil Druckmann; game director, Bruce Straley; Troy Baker (who voices Joel) and Ashley Johnson (who plays Ellie).
As you'd expect, all the big content updates will be part of the package, including the Left Behind single-player expansion, the Abandoned Territories map pack and the Reclaimed Territories pack.
Also listed were pre-order bonuses. Here's what's up for grabs:
- 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
- Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
- 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
- Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Source: PlayStation Blog