BASINGSTOKE, ENGLAND – February 1st 2007 – Paradox Interactive and Koch Media announced today that World War II Real Time Strategy Game Frontline – Fields of Thunder will be releasing on PC in the UK on March 16th, 2007 with a suggested retail price of £29.99. In addition, the UK release will come exclusively packaged with the full version of World War II Strategy Game Hearts of Iron II.
Frontline: Fields of Thunder depicts the largest tank battle in history in what is commonly referred to as the Clash of the Titans. Players will be able to immerse themselves into detailed gameplay on a sizeable battle map, with historically accurate environments encompassing exciting missions and challenges.
Brought to gamers by the creators of Heroes of Might & Magic V, Paradox Interactive plans to publish the game worldwide.
“Frontline: Fields of Thunder brings back much of what made the original Blitzkrieg such an appreciated entry for the strategy gaming community”, said Fredrik Wester, Director of Sales & Marketing. “We are thrilled to be bringing what could be the start of an entire series, to a worldwide audience”.GAME FEATURES
- Recreates the battle at the Kursk Salient - Germany’s last attempt to avoid defeat in World War II. This conflict was marked by a ferocity that had been previously unseen and is generally recognized as the largest tank engagement in history
- Highly detailed Battle Map – Lots of data included in the different chapter maps, including more geographical data and historical dislocation data of the actual troops that will change according to the real historical timeline
- Streamlined and intuitive interface
- Unit parameters and battle dynamics based on historically accurate data
- Two historically correct campaigns that encompass 20 thrilling missions, most of which are based on accurate historical events
- Multiplayer functionality – 10 multiplayer missions that can be played both on LAN and over the Nival.Net Internet service.