You wouldn't feel that there was some cynical flogging off of old memories if a band from the 1990s released an old LP on a new format, so let's applaud loudly as GTA San Andreas hits Apple's iOS devices.
Lead singer of the Rockstar band of brothers (and a sister of two if she's managed to overlook the misogyny) Sam Houser - or his PA - goes mentally effusive, saying, "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas was a giant leap forward for the series, bringing the early '90s West Coast to life in a massive world full of possibilities. We're thrilled for players to experience it all on mobile devices." Bet you are dude. So, what do you get?
• Re-mastered, high-resolution graphics including lighting enhancements, an enriched color palette and improved character models;
• Dynamic detailed shadows and real-time environmental reflections (iPhone 5 series/iPad 4th Gen and above);
• Physical controller support for all Made-for-iOS controllers;
• Cloud save support for playing across all of your iOS devices for Rockstar Social Club Members;
Updated checkpoint system;
• Dual analog stick controls for full camera and movement control;
• Three different touch control schemes and customizable controls.