Detailed tech specifications for Microsoft's next Xbox console - codenamed 'Durango' - have appeared online in what's being reported as a rather substantial company leak.
The latest claims, from website VGleaks
, state that Durango will include an 8-core CPU running at 1.6 GHz and a custom 800MHz graphics processor with a peak performance of 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second.
8GB of RAM and a Blu-ray drive capable of reading 50GB discs are also said to be included, along with a hard drive and mysterious "Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware." A diagram of the system's insides was also published.
Full apparent specs below. What do you make of them?CPU:
- x64 Architecture
- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clockGPU:
- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always presentStorage and Memory:
- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
- Hard drive is always present
- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc driveNetworking:
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi DirectHardware Accelerators:
- Move engines
- Image, video, and audio codecs
- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing