Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within will be available in North America on October 21, 2014, in Australia on October 23, 2014, and throughout Europe on October 24, 2014.
Bethesda's PR calls the title a, "polished, terrifying pure survival horror experience". Also announced ahead of the game's release on PS4 and Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PS3 is... DLC! Yes, The Evil Within has a "pre-order incentive" – The Fighting Chance Pack, which includes:
· Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
· Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
· Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells - A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
· An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
· A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
The video shows the reactions of people who are definitely not working in marketing for the game reacting to the idea that the DLC isn't in the game to start with...