The Magic Box is today reporting that a new batch of Famicom Mini titles for the Game Boy Advance is on the cards, this time concentrating on the Famicom’s Disc System, something of a mythical Japan-only creature of yesteryear.
The games reported as being included in the new range are:
- Famicom Mini Vol. 21 Super Mario Bros. 2
- Famicom Mini Vol. 22 Nazo no Murasame
- Famicom Mini Vol. 23 Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
- Famicom Mini Vol. 24 Metroid
- Famicom Mini Vol. 25 Palthena's Mirror (Kid Icarus)
- Famicom Mini Vol. 26 Shin Onigashima
- Famicom Mini Vol. 27 Famicom Tantei Kurabu: Kieta Koukeisha
- Famicom Mini Vol. 28 Famicom Tantei Kurabu II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo
- Famicom Mini Vol. 29 Akumajou Dracula (Castlevania)
- Famicom Mini Vol. 30 SD Gundam World: Gachapon Senshi Scramble Wars
As Nintendo fans will be aware, Disc System version of various Famicom titles came pre-augmented with various in-game goodies, in something of a prelude to multi-buy strategy that is the defining property of the company’s current business model.
At present, these titles are scheduled, according to unconfirmed reports, to hit shelves in Japan on August 10th. We’ll bring you confirmation and news of any possible western release as soon as possible.