Microsoft has announced that a hefty five million copies of Gears of War 2 have been sold. To go with that, the company has also announced (possibly because announcements about sales figures are usually embarrassingly short) the release of Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection.
That, as the title cunningly hints, is a bundle of all the DLC released so far with some brand new content to boot. The pack will be a retail exclusive, scheduled to hit shops worldwide on July 28th at a cost of £14.99/$19.99/€19.99.
The new stuff includes Gears of War 2: Dark Corners, a new multiplayer map pack (details further down) and what Microsoft calls a "deleted campaign chapter". It's called Road to Ruin and features Marcus and Dom heading back into the Locust Hollow. It can apparently be played in two ways - your regular, 'blow the brown stuff out of everything that twitches' way or a new stealth mode.
If you already got all the DLC, you'll still be able to get Dark Corners. It will also be out on July 28th, weighing in at 1,600 Microsoft Points.
Here's Microsoft's description of the previous DLC and a couple of extra goodies coming packed in: "the classic 'Flashback' Map Pack, volatile 'Combustible' Map Pack and the winter-themed 'Snowblind' Map Pack. Also included is an introduction to 'Road to Ruin' from Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski, along with a custom Xbox LIVE theme, collectible Gears of War 2 poster and a strategy guide."
Anyway, without further ado here's that list of the new maps:
- Allfathers Garden: Honor the sacred grounds of the Coalition founders in this explosive map, where powerful weapons catalyze fast and furious action at this COG landmark.
- Memorial: Set near the Eternal Flame, which pays tribute to the fallen soldiers on the battlefield, a hard-fought battle ensues at the Tomb of Unknowns. Putting their flank formation and evasive skills to the test, players will fight to control the Boomshot.
- Sanctuary: Once a peaceful ground for reflection and remembrance, all that remains of the Sanctuary is the chill of death. Feast your eyes on the arsenal of weapons available as you make your way through the tight paths and blind corners of the Locust-damaged temple corridors.
- War Machine: In the abandoned train station that once served as a hub for travel, players will need to master the Longshot, Mulcher and Boomshot weapons to advance the fight while evading fire from the platforms above.
- Highway: Take the fight deep into the Locust Hollow in the complex passages of this underground highway system brimming with enemy vermin. Stick together, separate the enemy and have an exit strategy ready or it’ll be a one-way trip.
- Way Station: Sitting in limbo between death and “processing” are Locust way stations filled with fallen COG soldiers. Tread lightly and practice patience as it’s better to sacrifice firepower for stealth while navigating this minefield of hidden grenades.
- Nowhere: Set in the middle of what was once a destination for weary desert travellers, the land is now barren and devoid of life. Pick off your enemies with the Longshot sniper rifle and make your way to the stairwell with a well-fortified team during this intense firefight.