Okay, so you've got a PSP and a bunch of games on UMD but you really, really want to move to the digital download-only PSP Go because you've got some spare cash around. However, you've not got enough cash to replace all your now useless games.
Sony has said that it's got the solution to your dilemma. It's called a 'PSP Go Reward'.
Here's the official line. "With PSPgo Rewards you can download three much-loved, or totally new PSP titles for free..."
That's three games from a list of 17 (see the end of this story for those).
1. Unwrap your shiny new PSPgo and start it up.
2. Connect to PlayStation Network and activate your new or existing PlayStation Network account for PSPgo Rewards.
3. Start up your current PSP and connect to PlayStation Network.
4. Login using the same PlayStation Network account , and launch PlayStation Store.
5. Pop one of your UMDs into the drive of your current PSP and register on PSPgo Rewards when prompted.
6. Download a PSPgo theme.
7. Wait for your email voucher for your three free games.
8. Choose, download and enjoy!
What happens if you own more than three games? And why only 17 in the list? We're on the case. One obvious solution is simply not to get a PSP Go and to stick with your old, disc'd PSP instead.
That List in Full
Buzz Brain Bender
Buzz Masters Quizz
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice
Ratchet & Clank Size Matters
SOCOM US Navy Seals: Fireteam Bravo
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow