Culture Club. Dexy's Midnight Runners. Blondie. Nena. The Cure... Hear the names and the songs just pop in to your head. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) is pleased to announce that, in response to lobbying from SingStar? fans around the world, Studio London is to develop the definitive nostalgic music experience - SingStar '80s. Brace yourself for the ultimate '80s invasion, available just in time to kick start your party season.
SingStar '80s features the first era-specific track listing to emerge from the music gurus at London Studio and comes packed with 30 original and totally classic tracks from the early '80s that are guaranteed to throw you back to your school disco days. Recreating the iconic style that defined the era, SingStar '80s brings the decade back to life with a new '80s-themed intro, retro colour scheme, fully licensed tracks from the original artists, and, of course, the videos that ushered in the dawn of music TV.
Providing pop kids with a great excuse to dig out the neon T-shirts, the frilly shirts or lace fingerless gloves, SingStar '80s fills your home with the tunes that topped the charts in Europe and around the world, from leading artists including The Cure, Kate Bush, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Erasure and Simple Minds.Journey back in time and indulge in nostalgic classics such as:
- Culture Club: Karma Chameleon
- Dexy's Midnight Runners: Come On Eileen
- Vanilla Ice: Ice Ice Baby
- Belinda Carlisle: Heaven is a Place on Earth
- Simple Minds: Don't You (Forget About Me)
- The Cure: Just Like Heaven
- Nena: 99 Red Balloons
- Frankie Goes to Hollywood: Power of Love
- Blondie: Atomic
- Kate Bush: Running up that Hill
- Foreigner: I want to know what love is
- Europe: The Final Countdown
- Soft Cell: Tainted Love
- Wham!: Wake me up before you go, go!
- Pretenders: Brass in pocket
- Billy Joel: Uptown Girl
- Erasure: A little respect
- Starship: We built this city
- Katrina and the Waves: Walking on Sunshine
Easy to set-up and play, SingStar '80s comes with two high quality microphones and tracks players pitch, tone and rhythm, as they sing into the mic. SingStar '80s has got what it takes to turn even the most tone deaf of singers into a ballad-wailing sensation, -- all you need to do is raid your wardrobe, put on your make-up, peroxide your hair, line up that power ballad and wow the crowd!