igital Jesters has confirmed its presence at both Game Stars Live and The European Games Network industry events being held at London's ExCeL Centre between 1st ? 5th September 2004.
The DJ booths at both shows will prove a real draw, with the public able to sample some of the firm's forthcoming titles, and the trade treated to three staggering new announcements ? including news of DJ's first console and licensed games.
The Britsoft publisher will bring a blaze of sunshine to Game Stars Live by giving the public the first opportunity ever opportunity to play the much anticipated TrackMania: Sunrise. Attendees can take their seats in the speed zone and race their mates to see who really is the best driver in the special 16-person multiplayer area ? with prizes on offer for the best racers.
Digital Jesters' brand new first-person shooter, Bet On Soldier, will be unveiled for the first time for the general public in the specially designed future zone at Game Stars Live. BOS ? as it's affectionately known ? immerses players into a different type of war and allows them to bet on the outcome of encounters with their enemies. Before entering battle, players can wager on which particular enemy soldiers they are going to beat. Depending on the outcome, the player will either lose his stake or win a prize calculated according to his opponent's rank, his initial stake, and the length of time it took to win. It's a unique slant on the genre ? and one that is sure to impress.
There will also be areas dedicated to exhibiting Digital Jesters' array of strategy titles where the public will be able to try its hand at playing six further games:
- Fantasy Zone: Chaos League: a fantastic new fantasy game straddling the RTS, RPG and sport genres. The mission of the game is to take charge of a team and use any tactics possible, be it balls of fire or good old-fashioned doping, to get the ball into the opponents net.
- War Zone: In D-Day gamers take on the role of a World War II Allied Forces general, charged with the task of preparing troops for battle, creating combat strategies, and executing one of the largest military invasions in wartime history.
- Medieval Zone: Medieval Lords puts players in charge of building and managing medieval cities. Players will need to protect against invasion from neighbouring kingdoms and expand into new territories in this beautiful and original city builder.
- Adventure Zone: Take on the role of Sherlock or Watson and use investigative skills to pick up clues and solve the mystery of who murdered Sir Melvyn Bomsby. Once the mystery has been solved, or not, players can step into the shoes of Peter Wright in The Moment of Silence and discover the truth behind what happened to his neighbour after is apartment was stormed by a SWAT team.
- Finally, take a look at the Sports Zone where the brand new screenshots of the forthcoming Pro Rugby Manager 2005 will be on show.
If all that is not enough, there will be plenty of opportunities for the public to get hold of Digital Jesters' goodies, with tons of competitions and free giveaways over the five-day show. There will also be a DJ booth on the stand to keep the party going.
The European Games Network will see Digital Jesters announcing three brand new titles for the first time ? including its first ever console and licensed title. Press will be able to feast their eyes on Digital Jesters' latest offerings and get all the latest up-to-date news from the guys themselves, with developers on hand to offer in-depth commentary.
"Game Stars Live and The European Games Network are major opportunities for us to show our games to people from all over the world," says Leo Zullo, marketing director, Digital Jesters. "We'll have something special for both press and consumer ? and we can't wait to meet and support our fanbase, which has been so supportive during our first year."
For more information on all the Digital Jesters games, the official website is located at www.digitaljesters.com