Major League Gaming (MLG), the preeminent worldwide console gaming league for professional video game players, today announced that its next tournament will be held June 19-20, 2004 in Chicago, IL at the Sheraton Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers. The event, ?Midwest Mayhem?, is the fourth in the MLG 2003-2004 season and will feature: Halo?, Tony Hawk Pro Skater for the N-Gage, Soul Calibur II?, Gran Turismo 3?, and a new title, Super Smash Brothers Melee?. Chicago, along with New York and Los Angeles, is a Major event on the MLG tour schedule and therefore gamers will be competing for nearly double the ranking points that are at stake at regional events.Registration & Gameplay:
- Free registration for all registered MLG members (you must have an official MLG gamer tag).
- Halo ? Free-For-All, 2 vs. 2 and 4 vs. 4 team event - XBox, Saturday and Sunday.
- Soul Calibur II - Double elimination tournament ? PS2 and Xbox, Saturday (freeplay) and Sunday (Tournament).
- Gran Turismo 3 - Double elimination tournament, Saturday only.
- N-Gage - Tony Hawk Pro Skater tournament, Saturday and Sunday.
- Super Smash Brothers Melee ? NEW ADDITION ? on GameCube, double elimination tournament both singles and teams, Saturday only.
The event, which is part of the 10-event 2004 MLG season presented by Nokia N-Gage, will take place at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers (301 East North Water Street Chicago, IL). The waterfront hotel is being taken over by MLG for a weekend of intense gaming competition at one of the windy city?s finest hotels!