The 3DO Company today announced the development of the Army Men: Air Combat: The Elite Missions game for the Nintendo GameCube system. The Army Men: Air Combat: The Elite Missions game follows the exploits of the heroic Captain Blade and his Alpha Wolf Squadron as they once again take to the skies in support of the Green Army in their ongoing struggle with the Tan forces. The game is planned to ship in time for Christmas 2002.
The Army Men: Air Combat game features fast and furious toy helicopter-based combat, which combines trigger-twitching action with strategic environment interaction. The game also features a large array of missions, incredible helicopter physics, stunning cinematics, and exciting character interaction. Other key features include:
- Five different helicopters, each with unique physics and abilities.
- Five different multiplayer modes including Head-to-Head and Cooperative; six specially designed multiplayer environments.
- 20 action-packed unique levels within fully interactive environments such as the Japanese Garden, Halloween Night, Wild West, the Flower Bed and your backyard. Includes 11 "Our World" environments (where the figures are two and a half inches tall interacting with oversized objects in oversized settings).
- Hidden vehicles accessed by in-game "plastic collection" system, including souped up helicopter, UFO, Zeppelin, and the Baron's Plane.
- The best in pyrotechnic-based weapons (bottle rockets/Roman candles/cherry bombs) and special effects.
- Helicopters have amazing physics that differentiate chopper types and allow for environmental factors, such as wind, and 'winch drag' (when an object is being towed).