Paris, FRANCE – May 27, 2015
– BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe today announced that Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment will be coming to Europe, Middle-East and Australasia exclusively through PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®4 in summer 2015. The company is also pleased to announce that Sword Art Online: Lost Song is scheduled to launch via retail stores in Europe, Middle-East and Australasia for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita in autumn 2015.
“Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment and Sword Art Online: Lost Song are both poised to bring the action and rich story of the highly popular Sword Art Online anime to life on the PlayStation family of consoles. The popularity of the anime and novel has been growing at an astonishing rate and we’re excited to add the Sword Art Online franchise to our company’s illustrious roster of popular anime games.” said Herve Hoerdt, Vice President of Marketing & Digital at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe.
Both Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment and Sword Art Online: Lost Song feature original stories based on the light novel and anime Sword Art Online. Both games follow the simulated Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (VRMMORPG) gameplay from the Sword Art Online storyline. In Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment, players will play as the main character, Kirito, and fight through all the levels of Aincrad to break free from being locked within the virtual game world. Players with save data from the PlayStation®Vita version of the game will be pleased to know that some items from that version will be transferrable to the PlayStation®4. Additionally, DLC from the PlayStation®Vita title will be unlockable on the PlayStation®4 at a later date.
Sword Art Online: Lost Song is headed to Europe, Middle-East and Australasia on PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita with subtitles in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. With an original story based on the Alfheim Online realm including new and returning characters and exclusive environments, fans will be more than happy to spend over 50 hours questing in the ultimate Virtual Reality universe! To make it even more exiting, Lost Song will feature all new Aerial Battles and plenty of customization features.
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment is scheduled for release digitally in Europe, Middle-East and Australasia for the PlayStation®4 (via PlayStation®Network) in summer 2015. Sword Art Online: Lost Song is slated for a retail release on the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita in autumn 2015. Discover more about Sword Art Online
· Official video-game website: www.SwordArtOnline-Games.com
· BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment’ Official Website: www.BandaiNamcoEnt.eu
· Official Facebook Page: facebook.com/BandaiNamcoGames.Europe
· Official Twitter Account: http://www.twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK