Paris, France – February 13, 2014 –
DotEmu, developer and publisher specializing in modern releases of beloved retro games, proudly announces the availability of R-Type II on iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Initially developed and published by IREM in 1989, this shoot’em up quickly became a classic in the arcade and on the Amiga, Atari ST and Gameboy.
Two years after R-Type, the Bydo Empire is back for more! Man your spaceship and take on the Bydo with new weapons (Search Laser & Shotgun Laser) and a new bomb type. Collect a plethora of items and powers-up across various improved sets and make your way to the top of the leaderboard!
• Three difficulty settings: Unlimited (unlimited lives), Normal (just like the original) & Insane (super hard!).
• Choose between original or improved graphics, thanks to « filter » and « scanline » options
• Two control modes: Touch and virtual D-Pad
• Customizable controls
• Auto Fire ON/OFF
• Play in full-screen or keep the game’s original screen ratio
• Game Center & Google Play Game Services: 11 unlockable achievements + online leaderboards (Normal & Insane modes only)
• Support iOS 7 controllers + iCade, MoGa, NVIDIA SHIELD, and more
Looking for a challenge?
Download R-TYPE II on iTunes
and Google Play
for 1.79€ / $1.99About DotEmu:
DotEmu, a publisher/developer has the mission to bridge the gap between the best of the old video games on today and tomorrow devices: Flash, iPhone and PC. In May 2010, DotEmu opens its own gaming digital distribution shop and distributes today over downloadable 200 titles. DotEmu has worked on several projects including Street Fighter II – Champion Edition on Adobe Flash, R-Type, X-MEN and Another World on iPhone, and Boulder Dash on various platforms. Created in early 2007, DotEmu provides service, technologies and products to customers in Europe, USA, and Japan.