London, UK ? 7th July, 2011 ? Team 17 today announced the release of Worms? Special Edition, now available for Mac, from both the Apple Mac App Store and the Mac Game Store. Worms? Special Edition is a streamlined, standalone Mac Store version of the recent PC best-seller Worms? Reloaded, featuring the classic combination of turn-based strategy and comic mayhem.
Releasing at $9.99/£5.99/?7.99 in the US, UK and Europe, Worms? Special Edition includes up to four player offline multi-player destruction, a raft of crazy and classic Worms? weapons, all new high-definition landscape themes, new landscape editor, new play modes, hats, forts, skins and speech banks. To top it all off, there is also a highly-involving Worms? single-player experience with tutorials, deathmatches, races, fort games and puzzles. The game is also packed with customization options, so you can play the game how you want!Key features:
· Extensive single-player campaign, with over sixty levels of annelid annihilation
· Up to four-player hot-seat mode for old-school local multi-player mayhem.
· Bodycount mode! How will you survive with having just one worm pitched against never ending spawning enemy worms that get increasingly tougher?
· 12 new weapons, including Super Bunker Buster, Ferrets, Poison Strike, Worship, Sentry Gun, Electromagnet, Buffalo of Lies, and new persistent fire!
· Mac specific controls: Mouse and trackpad play, user defined controls and function key support for fast access to common weapons! Worms? Special Edition is Available from:
* The Mac App Store - http://www.apple.com/mac/app-store/
* The Mac Game Store - http://www.macgamestore.com/product/1920/Worms-Special-Edition/
* iTunes - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/worms-special-edition/id441534443 About Worms? Special Edition
Worms? Special Edition. Developed and Published by Team17 Software Ltd. © 2010-2011. Team17 Software and Worms? Special Edition are Trademarks or Registered Trademarks of Team17 Software Limited. Original concept Andy Davidson. All rights reserved. All other trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners.Apple
Apple, and the Apple logo, are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Content purchased from the iTunes Store is for personal lawful use only. Don?t steal music.About Team17 Software Ltd:
Team17 Software Limited (Team 17) celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2010 and headquartered in West Yorkshire, England, it is a leading independent developer and digital publishing company. Founded in 1990, the company develops and publishes interactive software worldwide for digital game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. More information about Team17 products can be found at www.team17.com.