?Crackdown 2? makes an explosive return with the title?s first Game Add-on, ?Toy Box,? available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace starting today. With two content packs that will satisfy every thrill seeker, Microsoft Game Studios and Ruffian Games are rewarding all ?Crackdown 2? owners with all-new gameplay experiences at no cost, while fans looking for more action can purchase the premium content for 560 Microsoft Points.
The ?Toy Box? Game Add-on kicks the high-flying ?Crackdown 2? action into high gear, offering all ?Crackdown 2? owning fans the new Vehicle Tag mode, a Level 6 ability reward and the Keys to the City at no cost. For the dedicated action fanatics, ?Toy Box? also comes with bonus content that can be purchased for 560 Microsoft Points, including 10 new Achievements, Avatar Awards and new vehicles and gadgets. Catch a sneak peek of the ?Toy Box? action in the new gameplay trailer on the Xbox YouTube channel.
?Toy Box? features explosive new experiences, gadgets and tools for all ?Crackdown 2? owners at no cost:
* Keys to the City: Made notorious in the first ?Crackdown? expansion as the ultimate cheat mode, Keys to the City returns to ?Crackdown 2? and puts an even bigger set of tools at your disposal, including God Mode, Infinite Ammo, Fly Cam, spawning of weapons, gadgets and more, the ability to freeze the time of day, and pushing all skills to the maximum to become faster, stronger and more lethal.
* Level 6 Reward: Fans who reach Level 6 on all Agent skills will be rewarded with the new Thruster Ability. Thruster Ability is like having jetpacks for your boots, giving Agents built-in vertical propulsion to activate flying with the Wingsuit no matter where you are in the game.
* Vehicle Tag*: Once you?re done taking down the Freaks and the Cell, join your friends for a thrilling new multiplayer mode where up to eight Agents can compete in these six arenas: Speed is the Quay, Industrial Action, Maim Street, Skid Row, Beachhead and The Sum of Human Knowledge.
Fans can also purchase additional in-game content to extend their gaming experience for 560 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace:
* Two New Vehicles*: Access two new vehicles: the wall climbing aquatic mini-tank called the Agency ATV, and the Squad Chopper, which allows four players to jump in and man their own weapon, including the proximity mine launcher, precision rocket launcher, twin machine guns and nose machine gun.
* Five New Toys*: Whether you?re soaring to greater heights or orchestrating a massive explosion, get creative with the following new toys: The Mass Driver (turreted gravity bending weapon), Portable Launch Pads (allows Agents to create their own launch pad jumps), Stickler Grenade (bouncing grenade that sets off smaller explosive charges as it bounces), Thrusters (allow vertical thrust), and Mags on Characters (allow Mag Grenades to be attached to characters).
* Two Avatar Awards: Deck your Agent in the latest gear. ?Toy Box? offers two Avatar Awards to customise your Xbox LIVE Avatar with the Xbox Green Suit (must complete the Rocketeer Achievement) and Green Helmet.
* 10 New Achievements: Pacific City never sleeps and neither do the exploits. Industrious Agents will be rewarded with 10 new Achievements and 250 Gamerscore:
1) Beyond the Infinite
2) Run Get to the Chopper
4) Tac Loc Takedown
5) Burnt Offerings
6) Mile High Club
7) Never Give It Up
8) One Careful Driver
9) Wing a Ding Ding
10) Hung Out To Dry
* Eight Agent Suit Colours: Pick up eight new shades of in-game armour for your Agent:
2) Terror Firma
3) Agent Orange
4) May Contain Nuts
6) Mega Agent
7) Haz Mat
8) Dem Apples
*Players who have not purchased the premium ?Toy Box? content will only have access to the new vehicles and gadgets during multiplayer games if a friend who has purchased the premium content joins. Downloading ?Toy Box? is not required to continue engaging in other multiplayer gameplay modes with those who have downloaded it.
?Crackdown 2? builds exponentially upon the sizzling, action-packed gameplay of its predecessor, including the all-new 4-player co-op and 16-player multiplayer modes. With formidable new enemies called the Cell and the Freaks standing in the way of the Agency?s goal to restore order, players return as genetically enhanced Agents in ?Crackdown 2? to once again bring peace to Pacific City ? by any means necessary. Sign in to your Xbox LIVE account to access the public demo today. Visit xbox.com/crackdown2 for more information and www.chucksducks2.com to access the Facebook experience.
?Crackdown 2? is developed by Ruffian Games, rated BBFC 15. and is available globally.
For consumer media enquiries, please contact:
Baz Singh / 020 3047 4024 / email@example.com
Nik Thakkar / 020 3047 4087 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For specialist media enquiries, please contact:
Dominic Carey / 01189 095334 / email@example.com
About Xbox 360
Xbox 360 is a premier home entertainment and video game system. This November, with the addition of Kinect, Xbox 360 will forever transform social gaming and entertainment with a whole new way to play ? no controller required. Xbox 360 is also home to the best and broadest games as well as the largest on-demand library of music, standard- and high-definition movies, TV shows and digital games, all in one place. The entertainment center of the living room, Xbox 360 blends unbeatable content with the leading social network of 25 million Xbox LIVE members to create a limitless entertainment experience that can be shared at home or across the globe. More information about Xbox 360 can be found online at http://www.xbox.com.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq ?MSFT?) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft News Centre at http://www.microsoft.com/news. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft?s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/news/contactpr.mspx.