LONDON, ENGLAND, January 10th, 2008 - Xplosiv, a wholly owned subsidiary of Silverstar Holdings (NASDAQ: SSTR), has announced it will be releasing Off Road from its highly regarded and best selling Ford license series, for the PlayStation 2?, PSP? (PlayStation Portable), Wii? and PC.
Off Road takes the multi-million selling Ford franchise away from the tracks and urban streets of its predecessors, to rugged, tough terrain for the very first time. Off Road also marks the introduction of the prestigious Land Rover brand, synonymous like Ford, with a rich heritage of producing pioneering off road vehicles.
Players can now race some of the world's toughest off road trucks, 4x4's and SUV's through beautifully detailed environments, stunning, scenery and wide sweeping tracks designed for rough-tough, high-speed racing.
Ian Higgins, CEO of Empire Interactive, said, "Off Road is an exciting step forward for the Ford franchise. We have some impressive vehicles, stunning environments and great new features. The introduction of the Land Rover brand has brought real excitement and an even stronger appeal to the franchise."
Clive Kabatznik, CEO of Silverstar Holdings, added, "The release of Off Road illustrates Empire's ability to continually garner new interest from already successful licenses. We are thrilled to be introducing the Land Rover brand and the mass market appeal that having two truly global brands will bring."
With real time, on-the-go vehicle damage repair, acceleration faster than any previous Ford game, and alternative routes. Off Road brings a plethora of new and exclusive features to test players driving prowess at high speed. The racing has never been this exhilarating!Key Features
- 18 officially licensed Land Rover and Ford off road vehicles.
- 24 detailed tracks encouraging high speed racing.
- 3 off road environments, Desert, Water and Ice.
- Real time, on-the-go damage repair.
- Discover hidden routes to gain a racing advantage.
- Power sliding; throw powerful 4x4s around the tracks.
- In-game pickups: Discover repair pods, time extensions, artefacts & cash.
- Multi-player racing via split screen (PS2 - 2 players ) and Wi-Fi (PSP - 6 players).
- 12 race modes: Standard Race, Elimination, Time Attack, Overtake, Slalom, Checkpoint, Checkpoint Sprint, Seconds Out, Gold Rush, Gauntlet, Low Damage Race and Expedition.
- 2005 Defender 90 Station Wagon
- 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
- 2007 Discovery 3
- 2007 Freelander 2
- Range Stormer Concept
- SVX Concept
- 2008 Ford F-150 FX4 pickup
- 2008 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II
- 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty
- 2008 Ford F-350 Super Duty
- 2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty
- 2008 Ford Escape
- 2008 Ford Explorer
- 2008 Ford Expedition
- 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Track
- Ford Bronco concept
- Ford Equator concept
- Ford Mighty F-350 concept
Off Road is scheduled for release on 21st March 2008 for the PlayStation® 2, Sony PSP and PC at an RRP of £19.99 The Wii version will be released during Q2 2008.