Basingstoke, England ? 19th September 2007 ? Koch Media UK is pleased to announce signing the snooker legend and six-time World Snooker Champion, Steve Davis, to promote the forthcoming World Snooker Championship? Season 2007-08 game, which releases on Nintendo® DS on 26th October 2007.
Arguably one of best-known personalities the sport has ever produced, Davis, who also appears in the game, will be featuring in a number of online and offline marketing activities, as well as PR events to support the launch and providing exclusive signed merchandise.
Snooker has always been a popular sporting genre for video games, but has historically been restricted by how the player controls each shot. Home console joypads and computer mice have never quite achieved the level of interaction and accuracy promised by Nintendo?s immensely popular DS handheld format with its dual touch screen and stylus.
World Snooker Championship? Season 2007-08, created by the world?s Premier Snooker Developer, Blade Interactive Studios, features 96 professional snooker players, including Steve Davis, Ronnie O?Sullivan, Graeme Dott, Peter Ebdon, Neil Robertson, and John Higgins. There are also 9 official tournaments spread across 1000s of hours of nerve-wracking frames, mind-boggling trick-shot matches, and a host of Pool mini challenges. In game commentary is provided by BBC pundit, John Virgo.
Using the DS stylus, players are able to control the cueball in ways never possible in a video game before, creating the most involving snooker game to date.
Steve Davis commented: ?Snooker video games continually amaze me with level of detail and accuracy that goes into them. I?m looking forward to working with Koch Media on this release for Nintendo DS ? although I have pointed out that the cue that comes with this handheld is a lot shorter than the one I?m used to.?
Jon Bailey, Head of Marketing Koch Media UK, said: ?We?re delighted to be working with Steve on this release. He is synonymous with the sport and one of the most recognised professional players for all generations of fans.? He added, ?DS is the ideal format for World Snooker Championship 2007; the dual screen views means it?s easier than ever to line up the perfect shot and touch screen controls provide the most intuitive Snooker experience available.?Game Features:
- Choose one of best professional Snooker players, each with his own unique abilities based on real personal abilities
- Unlockable professional players to challenge even the most skilled snooker fan
- 9 official licensed Championship Events of a Snooker season, for example the Welsh Open, Grand Prix, UK Championship, Masters, China Open, World Championship and all the others
- A unique atmosphere through the novel commentary system ?Shot Watching? hosted by John Virgo
- Change between two distinct modes ?Challenge? and ?Championship? for mini games or a complete Snooker season
- The duel screen format of DS, it can display both the full 3D view of the action on one screen and a top down perspective on the other screen