Yep, XCOM: Enemy Within lands on November 12th this year in North America, and internationally on November 15th, and you'll be able to pick it up for PS3, Xbox 360, PC & Mac.
The expansion "takes the incredible experience from XCOM: Enemy Unknown
and adds an array of new abilities, upgrades, and weapons to combat new enemy threats." as well as "provides players with all-new maps, tactical and strategic gameplay, and multiplayer content." Yeah, that means it's a an expansion. Which means you also have to own the original Enemy Unknown
. So, what do you get?
According to the official blurb....
* New Soldier Abilities: Research a new alien technology to advance the capabilities of operatives:
* Gene Mods: Construct the Genetics Lab to physically enhance operatives' abilities, including augmentations to the chest, brain, eyes, skin and legs.
* MECs: Build the Cybernetics Lab to enable the construction of the new Mechanized Exoskeletal Cybersuit, or MEC. The new MEC Trooper class has specialized abilities and each suit can be upgraded with new weapons including the flamethrower, grenade launcher and more.
* New Weapons and Equipment: Give operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from the engineering team in the Foundry;
* New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from a host of new enemies, including the Mechtoid;
* New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield and use it carefully back at base to unlock new research and upgrades;
* New Tactical Challenges and Maps: Face new tactical challenges, on nearly 50% more maps;
* New Multiplayer Maps, Units and Abilities: Create custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate opponents in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.More here