Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce plans for an ongoing series of downloadable content for the highly acclaimed open world game, Red Dead Redemption. Four packs of add-on downloadable content will be released for the PlayStation Network for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox LIVE online entertainment network* over the next few months, starting with the Legends and Killers Pack at the beginning of August 2010, and culminating with the Red Dead Redemption ?Undead Nightmare? Pack this fall. The packs follow the recent release of the free Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack, which is currently available on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE.
?We want to continue to provide Red Dead Redemption?s fans with a steady supply of innovative new content,? said Sam Houser, founder of Rockstar Games. ?Our goal is to continue to pack as much entertaining gameplay and as many surprises as we can into the massive world of Red Dead Redemption over the coming months.?
The upcoming downloadable content for Red Dead Redemption includes:
Legends and Killers Pack
New active map locations, characters and more:
* Release date: beginning of August 2010;
* 9 new multiplayer map locations ? more than doubling the amount of territories in the multiplayer competitive modes;
* 8 new multiplayer characters ? play as characters from Red Dead Revolver;
* Introducing a new projectile weapon: the Tomahawk, with corresponding challenges for single-player and multiplayer gameplay;
* New achievements and trophies;
* Pricing: $9.99 (PlayStation Network), 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE).