According to a report from FADE (Forecasting and Analyzing Digital Entertainment) Xbox Live Arcade created $103.4 million in revenue for Microsoft in 2009 - a 34% increase from the previous year.
The report states that the "average price of XBLA titles increased rapidly during the year - from a $8.33 average in 2008 to $9.12 in 2009". Average revenue per user, however, was down from 2009, at $2.79 per user.
So, what were the big earners? Here's the 'estimated' list:Estimated Top Titles by Revenue, 2009 (Average Price):Battlefield 1943
- EA Dice - $12.5 million - $15.00Castle Crashers
- The Behemoth - $7.3 million - $15.00Trials HD
- RedLynx, LTD - $7.1 million - $15.00Shadow Complex
- Chair Entertainment / Epic Games - $6.1 million - $14.38Family Game Night
- Hasbro - $4.2 million - $9.53Marvel vs. Capcom 2
- Capcom - $4.2 million - $15.00Magic: The Gathering
- Stainless Games - $2.8 million - $10.00Worms 2
- Team 17 - $1.8 million - $10.00Peggle
- PopCap Games - $1.8 million - $8.86Turtles in Time: Reshelled
- Ubisoft Singapore - $1.7 million - $10.00