Onboard NXE for Xbox Arcade

Xbox 360 Jasper Arrives

Posted by Staff
Onboard NXE for Xbox Arcade
A tremendous article over at Xbox-Scene has laid out the Jasper board for the Xbox 360 (the board that takes over from Falcon) and seems to indicate that Jaspers are now cropping up in retail boxes.

Stand-out additions include the fact that "the onboard flash chip has grown from 16MB to 256MB. Microsoft included internal memory storage, so the Arcade SKU now ships without (external) Memory Unit and the new NXE dash will install fully on the flashchip (rather than requiring a HDD or external MU). But the internal memory can also be used to store gamesave data, XBLA games, videos or whatever."

One way to check? Well, have a look at the power lead. According to the article: "The new power supply is now 150W (25W less than those used with Falcon boards) and the plug has of course been changed so u can't plugin this PSU into an older motherboard."

See the full piece at Xbox-Scene.
Companies:

Comments

deleted 28 Nov 2008 10:58
1/5
does this add weight to the not so long ago rumor of a toshiba TV with 360 arcade built in? remember how the rumor was dismissed because the specs said it had 256MB internal memorsounds like it could be a possiblity now.
Tim Smith 28 Nov 2008 11:46
2/5
haritori wrote:
does this add weight to the not so long ago rumor of a toshiba TV with 360 arcade built in? remember how the rumor was dismissed because the specs said it had 256MB internal memorsounds like it could be a possiblity now.


Bloody excellent piece of memory jogging. Nice one!

Cheers

Tim

more comments below our sponsor's message
Horatio 28 Nov 2008 12:45
3/5
which u are clearly in need of Mr Smith - never did get that damn prize! :-P
Tim Smith 28 Nov 2008 13:24
4/5
Horatio wrote:
which u are clearly in need of Mr Smith - never did get that damn prize! :-P


Oh s**t on a stick.

But not! Guess what I've got a new one of? Yes, a Wii Zippo! Which I am putting in the post right now.



Many grovelling apologies.

Tim
Horatio 28 Nov 2008 13:34
5/5
Tim Smith wrote:
Horatio wrote:
which u are clearly in need of Mr Smith - never did get that damn prize! :-P


Oh s**t on a stick.

But not! Guess what I've got a new one of? Yes, a Wii Zippo! Which I am putting in the post right now.



Many grovelling apologies.

Tim


lol.... well, just in case it doesn't get to me this time, at least I've got that picture :P
Posting of new comments is now locked for this page.