The worms are coming back with a bang, crash, splat, and kaboom thanks to an awesome armoury of new weapons crammed into Worms 4: Mayhem, coming July 29th to PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.
Check out the damage you can inflict with an armed worm in the Weapons movie, now available at www.codemasters.co.uk/worms (in Downloads).
For the first time ever in a Worms game, wriggling commanders can design and build their own incendiary devices thanks to the genius Weapons Factory.
How satisfying it is to unleash a weapon of your own creation ? from the downright vicious to the comical ? on your opponents.
So what's to stop players from creating something all-powerful? Well, that's the clever bit: each weapon element costs points. If you choose a feature like "Homing", then there are less points to spend on damage. Simple!
Grenades, projectiles, air strikes, and guns are all in there and there are plenty of comedy components for you engineer weapons with too, including monkeys, buckets of sick, hamsters, and a ton weight for that classic drop-n-splat tactic!
Once devised, just name and save your weapon and select it as the special weapon for your team to use in the game. Why not save it to your memory card and "demonstrate" it on a friend?
Of course, you don't have to do all the work. The evil geniuses at developer Team 17 have already packed Worms 4: Mayhem full of classic weapons along with a load of new and inventive ways to eliminate your enemy annelids.Just some of the new weapons include:
- Fatkins Strike - Our chubby missile plummets to the ground, causing craters of devastation before exploding and decimating any worms within range.
- Flood - Just fire this new world-altering weapon to usher in a massive storm cloud and torrential rains, causing the water level to permanently rise. Any worm standing on this flooded area will instantly drown. Worms that were previously on high ground may now be a little closer to the water than they wanted to be...
- Inflatable Scouser - Our lovable Liverpool native brings a new strategy weapon. When fired, our scouse friend wanders across the landscape towards the enemy worm, grabs it and inflates, slowly climbing into the sky up to a set height or until he collides, bursts and drops his passenger back down to the ground inflicting fall damage or a watery death.
- Poison Arrow - Fire the poison arrow, watch it fly through the air and embed in the first piece of landscape (or worm) that it meets before exploding into a cloud of poisonous gas, inducing vast amounts of invertebrate vomit.
- Sentry Gun - If this metallic mechanical marvel detects an enemy moving nearby it will swing round, automatically target them and unleash a flurry of bullets in their direction!
- Sniper Rifle - You can stay as far away as you like, the opponent worms may think they're safe... but aim the gun, zoom right in to the enemy to make sure they are on target and BANG!!! Pick them off easily from a distance. Lovely.
- Starburst Rocket - What happens when you strap a worm to a firework and ignite the fuse? Well, you get the Starburst ? a new way to sacrifice one of your worms for the common good. Fly your worm around the landscape until he finds a target. Fly down to the enemy and upon collision, the rocket explodes in shower of sparks, blasting any nearby worms into the distance!
...and there's plenty more to be revealed.
With a story-based single player campaign, more multiplayer battles than ever before, new challenge modes, and a whole host of new landscape features, Team 17's Worms 4: Mayhem will be published by Codemasters on July 29th for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC. Wriggle online for the movie and more at www.codemasters.co.uk/worms