Wargaming.net announced today that it is developing Massive Assault: Phantom Renaissance - the stand-alone expansion set for its highly acclaimed turn-based strategy game Massive Assault. The development has been going for the last six months.
?Considering how well Massive Assault and Massive Assault Network were accepted by gaming community, Massive Assault franchise will be Wargaming.net?s major focus for the next couple of years,? said Victor Kislyi, President of Wargaming.net.
Massive Assault: Phantom Renaissance features a renewed global conflict, starting five years after the First War for the New Worlds ended in Free Nations Union?s victory. The remnants of the defeated Phantom League go underground, preserving a couple of undisclosed Secret Allies with hidden research facilities. New types of unprecedently powerful weapons have been developed. They commence their surprise attack during the celebration of the Anniversary of the Great Victory, destroying more than half of the F.N.U. forces on the parades - then they easily overtake all major cities driving the remaining F.N.U. detachments to mountains and islands and to some yet unpopulated planets.
Massive Assault: Phantom Renaissance will include all-new ?Assault? mode, where a player will be given limited resources to recruit and deploy a task force and capture a network of well-guarded enemy strongholds, taking key positions within established turn limit. This mode will add one more exciting strategic level to Massive Assault?s gameplay - huge face-to-face battles similar to those of ancient and medieval times.
?Massive Assault was acknowledged by the industry as a sharp innovative strategy game, in many respects rejuvenating turn-based genre with its original Secret Allies concept, dynamic gameplay, great balance and its true easy-to-learn-hard-to-master formula,? said Nick Katselapov, VP, Marketing & Public Relations. ?However some shortcomings were pointed out by the press and the players such as non-adjustable difficulty levels and identical unit sets, plus requests for new unit types and planets and wider range of tunable gameplay options - we have taken care of all that and added tons of new features and content.?
Other additions and improvements will include:
- 6 new planets for World Wars including massive-sized deathmatch maps
- 2 Mega Campaigns featuring various warfare styles: prevailing defensive operations for F.N.U. and offensive tasks for Phantom League. Mega Campaigns will also include World War and ?Assault? mode steps.
- 20 new single-player scenarios with new mission types and twists
- All-new ?Assault? game mode
- New A.I. - with more sophisticated tactical techniques and strategic ?talents?
- Variable number of Secret Allies for each side in World Wars
- 10 new units, unique for each side, leading to different strategies
- Unit graphics technology completely remade - now units look more detailed and feel ?real?
- Enhanced 3D engine: increased performance, improved terrain and effects graphics
- Additional battle music & new voiceovers
- Massive Assault Network compatibility
- 2 new battlefield viewing modes: CNN-style ?fancy camera? and historic-atlas-style 2D strategic map mode
- Many single-player and multiplayer gameplay enhancements
- LAN play
Massive Assault: Phantom Renaissance will greatly expand Massive Assault world and give the game?s fans much wider variety of strategic choices. For the convenience of the gamers who have yet to experience the Massive Assault world, the original Massive Assault game is NOT required in order to play Massive Assault: Phantom Renaissance. Massive Assault: Phantom Renaissance includes its own set of tutoring missions.