Opinion// PlayStation 3 Price Cut Now

Opinion

Posted 5 Dec 2008 15:24 by
Companies:
I bought a Sony PlayStation the day it was released. I bought a Sony PlayStation 2 the day it was released.

I have been accused of being a Sony Fanboy. I resent the assertion. It is not true.

What is true is that I think Microsoft has often behaved in a way that has been anti-competitive, has exploited its desktop monopoly, and has acted against the interest of consumers. I think it has subverted good technology to further the interest of its own (sometimes) inferior technology.

I also think that anyone having a monopoly in the video games console market and, more importantly, in the content delivery channel, would be against the interest of gamers, and ultimately of all consumers.

So that's the context for you when I say this:

PlayStation is fucked.

When the PS3 costs 300 for the console alone, and you can buy this bundle for under 200, unless Sony does something drastic, and does it soon, they are royally screwed.

That package, in case Game deletes it or sells out contains an Xbox 360 Premium 60Gb, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Far Cry 2, SEGA Tennis and PGR4. A console with a hard drive, and five quality games for under, for well under 200.

Leaving you the choice of spending the extra 160 on the closest comparable PS3 bundle (PS3 80GB, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, Mirror's Edge, FIFA 09, Transformers: The Movie (Blu-Ray), LittleBigPlanet, Prince of Persia) or on beer and crisps. Of course you might choose to spend 20 of it on a Christmas package with two more (slightly lower quality) games and an additional controller. But still, 140 for beer, and crisps, eh?

Clearly the people at Sony are not stupid. Clearly they are aware of their costs and their margins. But they seem to be overlooking one simple fact... critical mass. There is a point in any console generation whereby a winner is decided. It's not decided by GfK, or NPD. It's not decided by the platform holders. Its decided by popular consensus. And once that consensus is made, the loser is just that. The loser! And no one wants to back a loser. So after that point the loser's sales take a nosedive.

Last Generation, Microsoft lost. But they were smart enough to realise that they'd lost, and quickly regrouped, launched a smaller, better looking and better performing console and got a leap on the next generation. Sony took the more sophisticated approach of including HD media capabilities and a powerful new processor architecture. But by the (much delayed) launch of the PS3 a pattern had established itself... games were developed on the platform that was available (the 360) and ported to the newcomer (the PS3), and they sometimes suffered for it. Other times the PS3 versions looked no better than their Xbox counterparts.

So, despite the PS3 allegedly being capable of generating superior games, few of its titles actually are superior.

This would matter much less of course, if the financial playing field were level. And at first it was, kinda. Despite its high ticket price, the PS3 had several hardware advantages that meant that once a 360 was accessorised to be comparable the costs were not that far apart.

But 360 quickly came down in price, and in a seemingly floundering response Sony cut its hardware spec and removed backward compatibility. No one liked that, many of us had to eBay our PS2s to be able to afford a PS3.

OK, Microsoft cut its hardware spec too: the Arcade 360 machine is an abomination, existing solely as a sop to the very lowest income gamers, but incapable of running Microsoft's vaunted NXE (until the arrival of the new Jasper motherboard apparently. Ed) But the Premium with its 60GB hard drive and its low price point is the thorn in the PS3's side.

Despite statements to the contrary, Sony may plan to fight back with price cuts come Easter - no one pre-announces price cuts because doing so kills sales until the new prices hit the stores. But as the heady borrow-and-spend days of the naughty noughties turn into the morning-after hangover of global recession, people want a bargain. And accustomed as they have become to buying now, paying later, they want that bargain NOW... in time for Christmas. And the PS3 just isn't it.

Sony don't seem to realise this or, if they do, they don't seem to care. The PS3, they tell us, is well worth the price they have given it. And it might be. After all, the PS3 is no more expensive that the original PlayStation was at launch - meaning it's cheaper in real terms. (And the SEGA Saturn, after all, was 399... but then that didn't really work out for them.)

But the fact remains that who, but the most blinkered of Sony aficionado would truly look at the PS3 and the Xbox 360 right now and decide that a standalone PS3 is worth 100 more than an Xbox 360 with five top quality games?

As a result, the PS3 is going to get spanked at the cash register this Christmas. If it does, and make no mistake it will, then Microsoft will shout long and hard about it. That just might be enough to convince us, the amorphous video game-buying public that the generation is won. And if it does convince us of that, it will be.

The opinion expressed in this article is that of the author and does not reflect those of SPOnG.com except when it does.

Want to vent your gaming spleen? Send 900 words max of well thought-out, deeply analysed opinion and we may even run it. Send in 900 words of incisive but mostly brutally angry invective, and we almost certainly will.

Companies:

Read More Like This


Comments

Showing the 20 most recent comments. Read all 23.
Shendow 5 Dec 2008 19:15
4/23
Just a other crying 360 fanboy, PS3 doesn't need to take anything out, all it needs to do is make a 40GB for $299.99. Cheapest an the best bluray player out theirs and for dumb 360 fanboys, MS has been wanting bluray after HD fail but the closest they will get is just a player an notthing more, PS3 lacks notthing really an the only downfall is the price but after that you don't pay for anything but game....unlike 360, you have to pay for Xbox Live, HD if you want to really do more then look at how small your are on memory, it has a huge fail rate and the new update is so gay that it lacks the power to custom it like the old one did (Which makes PS3 win over that) ripping cd's? I can do that an use my flash drives to add music but 360 doesn't. I have a 360 an theirs some games I like but when it comes to PS3 Vs 360, I'll take PS3 anytime.
PreciousRoi 5 Dec 2008 19:43
5/23
OK, well, I'm not sure if Sony's situation is as dire as all that, also, before someone else says it, what about the Wii? (j/k)

I do disagree with you about the Core/Arcade SKU though, calling it an abomination is a bit much. I know several people, admittedly all but one of them are multiple 360 owners, who are quite happy with their units. I will also refute, most strongly, that the Arcade SKU (specifically, as it was the one you mentioned) is "incapable of running" MS' "vaunted" (your word, not mine...not mine) NXE. When in point of actual fact, IT IS. Arcade SKU comes with a 512MB Memory Unit (to the best of my knowledge it always has) which is more than enough for the NXE. full stop. Also, MS has a program (here in the States at least) by which owners of Core models may purchase a 20GB hdd (presumably old stock, as the Pro has been uprated to 60GB) at a quite attractive and eminently reasonable price point of $20. They were also offering Arcade SKU owners a 20GB hdd AND a 3-month LIVE! card for $30.

Also, its fairly disingenuous (basically a lie) for you to say that MS "cut" its hardware spec. To the best of my knowledge MS never has done. In fact, by including the 512MB Memory Unit and adding HDMI the Arcade SKU was an improvement over the preexisting Core SKU.

Rather than an abomination, the Core/Arcade SKU provided an affordable entry level to MS console with what admittedly used to be an expensive path to upgrade, but is no longer.

I would also make the argument that last generation, at least, MS' technology was clearly, far and away superior to Sony's, the gap between them being far larger than that betwixt thier current offerings.
more comments below our sponsor's message
Stockster 5 Dec 2008 19:52
6/23
I own both systems and have to say that on buying my ps3 the xbox took a back seat 18 months later and i am loving gears of war 2 and the new res 5 demo, i have to say ps3 lacks in too many areas for me the online is terrible updates take an age and it has nothing that the xbox hasn't got. come on little big planet i think the original xbox was more for the serious gamer i think the 360 is too. nothing to do with the old fan boy thing but i do feel i wasted my 425.00 apart from getting a blu ray player its brought nothing i didn't have before with the 360.

Theres my 2 cents
Lets See 6 Dec 2008 03:02
7/23
Stockster wrote:
I own both systems and have to say that on buying my ps3 the xbox took a back seat 18 months later and i am loving gears of war 2 and the new res 5 demo, i have to say ps3 lacks in too many areas for me the online is terrible updates take an age and it has nothing that the xbox hasn't got. come on little big planet i think the original xbox was more for the serious gamer i think the 360 is too. nothing to do with the old fan boy thing but i do feel i wasted my 425.00 apart from getting a blu ray player its brought nothing i didn't have before with the 360.

Theres my 2 cents


PS3:
Disc: Bluray
Audio: Lossless 7.1 Channel
Storage: SATA 2.5 HDD/ Speed:1.5Gb/s (SATA-150)
Color Depth: True Color, Deep Color
Color Space: sRGB, BT.709, x.v.Color
Controller: Wireless, Vibration, Motion Sense
Internet: 1000BASE-T wired, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g wireless
Connection: USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.0
Display: HDTV (1920x1080p)
VRAM: 256MB GDDR3
System RAM: 256MB XDR
And PS3's Cell Processor. Thats a long list of things that 360 didn't come with as well as never will have, no matter how you put it, paying 400 or 500 dollars for a PS3 is cheaper then it will cost you after 5 years of 360. Oh for the people that didn't now or read about it from MS, the 360 Arcade is only cheaper because they downgrade some parts in it as well as using cheaper parts and its said to have the Anti RROD in it (Only if its a Model from Oct 28, 08) if not then you didn't get the new things to it.

P.S. Its called reading up on your systems people -_- an at some point I will own all 3 again but until then PS3 is the most power system an 360 comes close.
tale 6 Dec 2008 10:17
8/23
PS3 RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OptimusP 6 Dec 2008 11:31
9/23
Lets See wrote:
Stockster wrote:
I own both systems and have to say that on buying my ps3 the xbox took a back seat 18 months later and i am loving gears of war 2 and the new res 5 demo, i have to say ps3 lacks in too many areas for me the online is terrible updates take an age and it has nothing that the xbox hasn't got. come on little big planet i think the original xbox was more for the serious gamer i think the 360 is too. nothing to do with the old fan boy thing but i do feel i wasted my 425.00 apart from getting a blu ray player its brought nothing i didn't have before with the 360.

Theres my 2 cents


PS3:
Disc: Bluray
Audio: Lossless 7.1 Channel
Storage: SATA 2.5 HDD/ Speed:1.5Gb/s (SATA-150)
Color Depth: True Color, Deep Color
Color Space: sRGB, BT.709, x.v.Color
Controller: Wireless, Vibration, Motion Sense
Internet: 1000BASE-T wired, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g wireless
Connection: USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.0
Display: HDTV (1920x1080p)
VRAM: 256MB GDDR3
System RAM: 256MB XDR
And PS3's Cell Processor. Thats a long list of things that 360 didn't come with as well as never will have, no matter how you put it, paying 400 or 500 dollars for a PS3 is cheaper then it will cost you after 5 years of 360. Oh for the people that didn't now or read about it from MS, the 360 Arcade is only cheaper because they downgrade some parts in it as well as using cheaper parts and its said to have the Anti RROD in it (Only if its a Model from Oct 28, 08) if not then you didn't get the new things to it.

P.S. Its called reading up on your systems people -_- an at some point I will own all 3 again but until then PS3 is the most power system an 360 comes close.

Wait...you bought the PS3 just for that? You have no life right? Those things can play games too you know!
chris 6 Dec 2008 16:05
10/23
SPAM

[7 Dec 2008, 09:47: Message edited by 'DoctorDee']
PreciousRoi 6 Dec 2008 16:15
11/23
lovely spam, wonderful spam...
Shendow 6 Dec 2008 17:58
12/23
OptimusP wrote:
Lets See wrote:
Stockster wrote:
I own both systems and have to say that on buying my ps3 the xbox took a back seat 18 months later and i am loving gears of war 2 and the new res 5 demo, i have to say ps3 lacks in too many areas for me the online is terrible updates take an age and it has nothing that the xbox hasn't got. come on little big planet i think the original xbox was more for the serious gamer i think the 360 is too. nothing to do with the old fan boy thing but i do feel i wasted my 425.00 apart from getting a blu ray player its brought nothing i didn't have before with the 360.

Theres my 2 cents


PS3:
Disc: Bluray
Audio: Lossless 7.1 Channel
Storage: SATA 2.5 HDD/ Speed:1.5Gb/s (SATA-150)
Color Depth: True Color, Deep Color
Color Space: sRGB, BT.709, x.v.Color
Controller: Wireless, Vibration, Motion Sense
Internet: 1000BASE-T wired, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g wireless
Connection: USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.0
Display: HDTV (1920x1080p)
VRAM: 256MB GDDR3
System RAM: 256MB XDR
And PS3's Cell Processor. Thats a long list of things that 360 didn't come with as well as never will have, no matter how you put it, paying 400 or 500 dollars for a PS3 is cheaper then it will cost you after 5 years of 360. Oh for the people that didn't now or read about it from MS, the 360 Arcade is only cheaper because they downgrade some parts in it as well as using cheaper parts and its said to have the Anti RROD in it (Only if its a Model from Oct 28, 08) if not then you didn't get the new things to it.

P.S. Its called reading up on your systems people -_- an at some point I will own all 3 again but until then PS3 is the most power system an 360 comes close.

Wait...you bought the PS3 just for that? You have no life right? Those things can play games too you know!


I didn't but retard people are saying that 360 has the same things a PS3, I'm sorry people but if you can't use your brain then you should just not own a system, PS3 to fix the lack of speed on updating or things like that, is to just buy a cheap new SATA 2.5 HDD(Something your so called 360 can't do) an just look for one that supports more faster uploading an downloading. It helps that PS3 HD is alot cheaper an you have more to choose from then what the 360 has and so far when I got my 360 a 120GB HD, I only got 107 out of it -_- I get more out of a new PS3 then it, thats a big rip off.

P.S. I own both systems an right now I'm just playing some of the new 360 games (Gays Of War 2 isn't one of them) an after I'm done with them I'm going back to PS3. Oh yeah Online sucks but after awhile it gets better an I guess you didn't know that because I have s**t for internet an my PS3 can set itself just right to make up for it and 360 can only bitch about my internet.

HDD for PS3: http://www.supermediastore.com/samsung-500gb-hm500li-sata300-7200rpm-spinpoint-m6-laptop-notebook-hard-drive.html?utm_source=nexTag&utm_medium=pcsite&utm_term=ME-544-1985&utm_campaign=nexTag%20-%20ME :Wow a in the 100's?!? an 360's closest to that price isn't in the 100GB's?
Matthew O'Donnell 7 Dec 2008 14:39
13/23
Posted by Shendow -
PS3 to fix the lack of speed on updating or things like that, is to just buy a cheap new SATA 2.5 HDD(Something your so called 360 can't do) an just look for one that supports more faster uploading an downloading.


BAHAHA. Dam, all these years I was wondering why my internet was slow. It seemed all I had to do was buy new harddrives O_O. Hell maybe if I replace the memory stick itll make the games look better, or maybe ill buy new batterys to fix bad controls in games.

To the point, if your gona be a fanboy. Please! make sure you know what your talking about before you all get hissy with the blah blah this BS. Merry Christmas

Dumbasses 7 Dec 2008 17:09
14/23
Matthew O'Donnell wrote:
Posted by Shendow -
PS3 to fix the lack of speed on updating or things like that, is to just buy a cheap new SATA 2.5 HDD(Something your so called 360 can't do) an just look for one that supports more faster uploading an downloading.


BAHAHA. Dam, all these years I was wondering why my internet was slow. It seemed all I had to do was buy new harddrives O_O. Hell maybe if I replace the memory stick itll make the games look better, or maybe ill buy new batterys to fix bad controls in games.

To the point, if your gona be a fanboy. Please! make sure you know what your talking about before you all get hissy with the blah blah this BS. Merry Christmas



I do you dumbass, it seems like your pee brain can't understand it, a new HDD helps speed up the uploading an downloading an doesn't make your net better. Their I made it so clean that a 360 fanboy can understand an if not then I guess I need a "Speaking 360 For Dummies" just to dump it down for you.
Fanboy Facepalm 7 Dec 2008 17:27
15/23
Dumbasses wrote:
Matthew O'Donnell wrote:
Posted by Shendow -
PS3 to fix the lack of speed on updating or things like that, is to just buy a cheap new SATA 2.5 HDD(Something your so called 360 can't do) an just look for one that supports more faster uploading an downloading.


BAHAHA. Dam, all these years I was wondering why my internet was slow. It seemed all I had to do was buy new harddrives O_O. Hell maybe if I replace the memory stick itll make the games look better, or maybe ill buy new batterys to fix bad controls in games.

To the point, if your gona be a fanboy. Please! make sure you know what your talking about before you all get hissy with the blah blah this BS. Merry Christmas



I do you dumbass, it seems like your pee brain can't understand it, a new HDD helps speed up the uploading an downloading an doesn't make your net better. Their I made it so clean that a 360 fanboy can understand an if not then I guess I need a "Speaking 360 For Dummies" just to dump it down for you.


Well as I have a Hons degree in Games design. Multimedia and Information technology. you should know your abusive and highly flawed method of abusive debating is sad. Your enforcing the idea of fanboys with flying colours (Atleast your parents know what to buy you for christmas and itll be the same black as your PS3)
Uploading and downloading is a specific internet terminology. The hdd incased in the PS3 will be dependant on, and heres the killer so you might wanna put that hamster down before i type it, READ and WRITE. Also RPM (Rotations/Revolutions Per Minute) is the main point that will make minor time differences in loading seeing the PS3 installs everything like a PC. As im simply gona leave you to rot within the internet world as your opinions are valueless in real world, i will finish with this... PS3 doesnt multitask enougth anyways to make the slightest difference with HDD speed. :O


Shendow 7 Dec 2008 20:55
16/23
Fanboy Facepalm wrote:
Dumbasses wrote:
Matthew O'Donnell wrote:
Posted by Shendow -
PS3 to fix the lack of speed on updating or things like that, is to just buy a cheap new SATA 2.5 HDD(Something your so called 360 can't do) an just look for one that supports more faster uploading an downloading.


BAHAHA. Dam, all these years I was wondering why my internet was slow. It seemed all I had to do was buy new harddrives O_O. Hell maybe if I replace the memory stick itll make the games look better, or maybe ill buy new batterys to fix bad controls in games.

To the point, if your gona be a fanboy. Please! make sure you know what your talking about before you all get hissy with the blah blah this BS. Merry Christmas



I do you dumbass, it seems like your pee brain can't understand it, a new HDD helps speed up the uploading an downloading an doesn't make your net better. Their I made it so clean that a 360 fanboy can understand an if not then I guess I need a "Speaking 360 For Dummies" just to dump it down for you.


Well as I have a Hons degree in Games design. Multimedia and Information technology. you should know your abusive and highly flawed method of abusive debating is sad. Your enforcing the idea of fanboys with flying colours (Atleast your parents know what to buy you for christmas and itll be the same black as your PS3)
Uploading and downloading is a specific internet terminology. The hdd incased in the PS3 will be dependant on, and heres the killer so you might wanna put that hamster down before i type it, READ and WRITE. Also RPM (Rotations/Revolutions Per Minute) is the main point that will make minor time differences in loading seeing the PS3 installs everything like a PC. As im simply gona leave you to rot within the internet world as your opinions are valueless in real world, i will finish with this... PS3 doesnt multitask enougth anyways to make the slightest difference with HDD speed. :O




True but thats what the RAM speed is for, samething with 360.
Joji 9 Dec 2008 10:56
17/23
Lol!

I love how this has already collapsed from a decent post to a fan boy battle. Classic stuff.
Been a gamer for many years now (and while also a 360 owner, and also an owner of several other consoles), I think this post is right on the button, PS3 is dead in the water.

Now now, withhold your fanboy tongue for one moment, in case you start. Stop, think and digest carefully.

Its simple really, the japanese hate to drop prices of their product, so customers can get a fair deal and Sony are a prime example with PS3, and even PSP. PS3 is simply too expensive for the majority of people, who are happy with DVD already. If you are gamers like us, its fine to wave your fanboy flag, but the majority of those buying console are not as picky, so a 360 or Wii will do for them..

Sony priced themselves out of the game from day one, and totally underestimated the 360's second round, therefore they are last, only themselves to blame. I'll pick up a PS3 when its dirt cheap, but I'm good with my 360 now and will be til this cycle ends in a few years. Sure PS3 owners, you might love your consoles and all, but the truth hurts. Unless Sony pull their finger out of their arse too, get used to it.

Well done Nintendo and MS.

Manic 9 Dec 2008 14:07
18/23
Seriously, does this still go on, I thought fanboys died off in the Snes/Megadrive days?
They're just consoles, no biggie.
I must say that the graphics on some PS3 games look good, but 360 is near as damit the same. Plus PS3 frame rates can be shocking sometimes (due to a smaller buffer memory I believe?), so you can only justify the price because of the BlueRay play back, but until the discs are 10 tops I'll wait.
Shendow 9 Dec 2008 17:48
19/23
Joji wrote:
Lol!

I love how this has already collapsed from a decent post to a fan boy battle. Classic stuff.
Been a gamer for many years now (and while also a 360 owner, and also an owner of several other consoles), I think this post is right on the button, PS3 is dead in the water.

Now now, withhold your fanboy tongue for one moment, in case you start. Stop, think and digest carefully.

Its simple really, the japanese hate to drop prices of their product, so customers can get a fair deal and Sony are a prime example with PS3, and even PSP. PS3 is simply too expensive for the majority of people, who are happy with DVD already. If you are gamers like us, its fine to wave your fanboy flag, but the majority of those buying console are not as picky, so a 360 or Wii will do for them..

Sony priced themselves out of the game from day one, and totally underestimated the 360's second round, therefore they are last, only themselves to blame. I'll pick up a PS3 when its dirt cheap, but I'm good with my 360 now and will be til this cycle ends in a few years. Sure PS3 owners, you might love your consoles and all, but the truth hurts. Unless Sony pull their finger out of their arse too, get used to it.

Well done Nintendo and MS.



So you go an point your finger at the japanese? ok that just sad, all 2 systems are made in Japan an 360 is made from China (Read your system people) an you don't seem to see a price drop and this s**t going around of people losing their jobs would kill them at this point and it is hurting MS as well with how big their fail rate is. I hate the system (360 that is) the games like Halo DOA I love an I own both as well as I have my old school systems to (NES, Genesis, 32X, Saturn, Game Gear, SNES, N64, PS, Dreamcast) Do I go back an play them? hell yeah because notthing beats old school...that an its best to wait on to see what problems pop up for the new systems.

Like RROD or over heating (PS3) I waited on my but so far it just system 360 keeps failing an at this point in time it could kill them.
Joji 9 Dec 2008 21:27
20/23
Yes, I do point the finger at the japanese. Sony are a japanese company, and many japanese companies are known for their stubborn business practices, being unreasonable on price is one of them. Long before this recession hit, PS3 price could have been more reasonable, but alas no.

Now they are in a much worse situation, as the recession bites their arse (and everyone else) again.

You might think that this is about ragging on Sony for the sake of it, but its not, though the post is Sony centric. When MS and Nintendo mess up, I'll happily fire a shot across the way.

Sony have hung themselves this gen, with their complacent attitude, bad choices and taking their eye off the competition. Pride comes before a fall as they say. MS and Nintendo have had their share so I won't feel bad for them, so long as they listen and learn from their errors, for the better.
Shendow 10 Dec 2008 11:11
21/23
Joji wrote:
Yes, I do point the finger at the japanese. Sony are a japanese company, and many japanese companies are known for their stubborn business practices, being unreasonable on price is one of them. Long before this recession hit, PS3 price could have been more reasonable, but alas no.

Now they are in a much worse situation, as the recession bites their arse (and everyone else) again.

You might think that this is about ragging on Sony for the sake of it, but its not, though the post is Sony centric. When MS and Nintendo mess up, I'll happily fire a shot across the way.

Sony have hung themselves this gen, with their complacent attitude, bad choices and taking their eye off the competition. Pride comes before a fall as they say. MS and Nintendo have had their share so I won't feel bad for them, so long as they listen and learn from their errors, for the better.


Sony lists mostly to their fans by want I seen, I mean those that say they hate PS3 for not having PS2 play back anymore, didn't know that not alot of people wanted it as well as had money to even get a PS3 an just keep their old PS2 even when they get a PS3 (I got my PS 1st model an my last PS2 die from over playing an a lighting strom -_- don't play games when theirs a strom, my PS3 I sold because of a place I rent from didn't clean their disc an it was a type of oil an was a pain to even see) I think Sony will keep going an not die so easy because of the fact they make more things then MS an Nintendo, but if Sony go's down then alot of the others will to and then will be left with craply PC games (I like PC games but don't got the money to get a non sucking computer)
Jonny Boy 7 Jan 2009 13:33
22/23
What a well writen artical, I'm platform agnostic and haven't taken sides. Damn good read.
DoctorDee 7 Jan 2009 14:38
23/23
Jonny Boy wrote:
What a well writen artical, I'm platform agnostic and haven't taken sides. Damn good read.

Thanks for the comments.

My heart says PlayStation.
My head says 360.

I have both, but I realise that not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to say the same thing.

Posting of new comments is now locked for this page.