PlayStation 3 Price Cut Now

> Editorial Comments > SPOnG Comments Index

Topic started: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 17:10
Click here to view the editorial this topic refers to.
Page:«12
...
Anonymous
Fri, 5 Dec 2008 17:10
1. You do not have stocks within Sony.
2. Sony will break even with the PS3 next year. Then they will drop the price.
3. Sony has to worry about their company, not a stupid, petty console war.
Rod Todd
Joined 24 Jan 2004
1149 comments
Fri, 5 Dec 2008 17:38
1. You do not have stocks within Sony.

What does that even mean? There are no medieval punishment devices in Sony? I think that's a given.

Or is the poster telling the writer about the writer's investment portfolio. And if so, how does he have this personal knowledge?

2. Sony will break even with the PS3 next year. Then they will drop the price.

Sony SAYS it will break even with the PS3 next year. But that's based on their projected sales figures. And those projections were probably made when the 360 cost more than it does now. And, if Sony are going to cut the price of the PS3 in the future, why would anyone buy one now?

3. Sony has to worry about their company, not a stupid, petty console war.

Well, DUH! But if they lose the console war, it will have a serious effect on their company. They probably worry about that.

7.1 Surround, 140 inch 1080p projector. Loadsa consoles. Suck my knobs SS4!
Will
Anonymous
Fri, 5 Dec 2008 18:39
Sony has one problem that they can not escape. The inclusion of a BluRay player in the console. IF they want to be in the same price league as the XBOX/Wii, they KILL their liscensing agreement with third party BLuRay makers by undercutting their prices with a low cost version of the PS3.
If they want to make money from Liscensing and BluRay itself, (Their Trojan horse BEING the PS3) They can NOT undercut their "Blu" partners, and remain the very highest price console on the market.
NOT the position you want to be in if you have to answer to shareholders Whos money as their first interest.
Shendow
Anonymous
Fri, 5 Dec 2008 19:15
Just a other crying 360 fanboy, PS3 doesn't need to take anything out, all it needs to do is make a 40GB for $299.99. Cheapest an the best bluray player out theirs and for dumb 360 fanboys, MS has been wanting bluray after HD fail but the closest they will get is just a player an notthing more, PS3 lacks notthing really an the only downfall is the price but after that you don't pay for anything but game....unlike 360, you have to pay for Xbox Live, HD if you want to really do more then look at how small your are on memory, it has a huge fail rate and the new update is so gay that it lacks the power to custom it like the old one did (Which makes PS3 win over that) ripping cd's? I can do that an use my flash drives to add music but 360 doesn't. I have a 360 an theirs some games I like but when it comes to PS3 Vs 360, I'll take PS3 anytime.
PreciousRoi
Joined 3 Apr 2005
1483 comments
Fri, 5 Dec 2008 19:43
OK, well, I'm not sure if Sony's situation is as dire as all that, also, before someone else says it, what about the Wii? (j/k)

I do disagree with you about the Core/Arcade SKU though, calling it an abomination is a bit much. I know several people, admittedly all but one of them are multiple 360 owners, who are quite happy with their units. I will also refute, most strongly, that the Arcade SKU (specifically, as it was the one you mentioned) is "incapable of running" MS' "vaunted" (your word, not mine...not mine) NXE. When in point of actual fact, IT IS. Arcade SKU comes with a 512MB Memory Unit (to the best of my knowledge it always has) which is more than enough for the NXE. full stop. Also, MS has a program (here in the States at least) by which owners of Core models may purchase a 20GB hdd (presumably old stock, as the Pro has been uprated to 60GB) at a quite attractive and eminently reasonable price point of $20. They were also offering Arcade SKU owners a 20GB hdd AND a 3-month LIVE! card for $30.

Also, its fairly disingenuous (basically a lie) for you to say that MS "cut" its hardware spec. To the best of my knowledge MS never has done. In fact, by including the 512MB Memory Unit and adding HDMI the Arcade SKU was an improvement over the preexisting Core SKU.

Rather than an abomination, the Core/Arcade SKU provided an affordable entry level to MS console with what admittedly used to be an expensive path to upgrade, but is no longer.

I would also make the argument that last generation, at least, MS' technology was clearly, far and away superior to Sony's, the gap between them being far larger than that betwixt thier current offerings.
Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein
Stockster
Anonymous
Fri, 5 Dec 2008 19:52
I own both systems and have to say that on buying my ps3 the xbox took a back seat 18 months later and i am loving gears of war 2 and the new res 5 demo, i have to say ps3 lacks in too many areas for me the online is terrible updates take an age and it has nothing that the xbox hasn't got. come on little big planet i think the original xbox was more for the serious gamer i think the 360 is too. nothing to do with the old fan boy thing but i do feel i wasted my 425.00 apart from getting a blu ray player its brought nothing i didn't have before with the 360.

Theres my 2 cents
Lets See
Anonymous
Sat, 6 Dec 2008 03:02
Stockster wrote:
I own both systems and have to say that on buying my ps3 the xbox took a back seat 18 months later and i am loving gears of war 2 and the new res 5 demo, i have to say ps3 lacks in too many areas for me the online is terrible updates take an age and it has nothing that the xbox hasn't got. come on little big planet i think the original xbox was more for the serious gamer i think the 360 is too. nothing to do with the old fan boy thing but i do feel i wasted my 425.00 apart from getting a blu ray player its brought nothing i didn't have before with the 360.

Theres my 2 cents


PS3:
Disc: Bluray
Audio: Lossless 7.1 Channel
Storage: SATA 2.5 HDD/ Speed:1.5Gb/s (SATA-150)
Color Depth: True Color, Deep Color
Color Space: sRGB, BT.709, x.v.Color
Controller: Wireless, Vibration, Motion Sense
Internet: 1000BASE-T wired, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g wireless
Connection: USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.0
Display: HDTV (1920x1080p)
VRAM: 256MB GDDR3
System RAM: 256MB XDR
And PS3's Cell Processor. Thats a long list of things that 360 didn't come with as well as never will have, no matter how you put it, paying 400 or 500 dollars for a PS3 is cheaper then it will cost you after 5 years of 360. Oh for the people that didn't now or read about it from MS, the 360 Arcade is only cheaper because they downgrade some parts in it as well as using cheaper parts and its said to have the Anti RROD in it (Only if its a Model from Oct 28, 08) if not then you didn't get the new things to it.

P.S. Its called reading up on your systems people -_- an at some point I will own all 3 again but until then PS3 is the most power system an 360 comes close.
tale
Anonymous
Sat, 6 Dec 2008 10:17
PS3 RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OptimusP
Joined 13 Apr 2005
1174 comments
Sat, 6 Dec 2008 11:31
Lets See wrote:
Stockster wrote:
I own both systems and have to say that on buying my ps3 the xbox took a back seat 18 months later and i am loving gears of war 2 and the new res 5 demo, i have to say ps3 lacks in too many areas for me the online is terrible updates take an age and it has nothing that the xbox hasn't got. come on little big planet i think the original xbox was more for the serious gamer i think the 360 is too. nothing to do with the old fan boy thing but i do feel i wasted my 425.00 apart from getting a blu ray player its brought nothing i didn't have before with the 360.

Theres my 2 cents


PS3:
Disc: Bluray
Audio: Lossless 7.1 Channel
Storage: SATA 2.5 HDD/ Speed:1.5Gb/s (SATA-150)
Color Depth: True Color, Deep Color
Color Space: sRGB, BT.709, x.v.Color
Controller: Wireless, Vibration, Motion Sense
Internet: 1000BASE-T wired, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g wireless
Connection: USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.0
Display: HDTV (1920x1080p)
VRAM: 256MB GDDR3
System RAM: 256MB XDR
And PS3's Cell Processor. Thats a long list of things that 360 didn't come with as well as never will have, no matter how you put it, paying 400 or 500 dollars for a PS3 is cheaper then it will cost you after 5 years of 360. Oh for the people that didn't now or read about it from MS, the 360 Arcade is only cheaper because they downgrade some parts in it as well as using cheaper parts and its said to have the Anti RROD in it (Only if its a Model from Oct 28, 08) if not then you didn't get the new things to it.

P.S. Its called reading up on your systems people -_- an at some point I will own all 3 again but until then PS3 is the most power system an 360 comes close.

Wait...you bought the PS3 just for that? You have no life right? Those things can play games too you know!
chris
Anonymous
Sat, 6 Dec 2008 16:05
SPAM

[7 Dec 2008, 09:47: Message edited by 'DoctorDee']
PreciousRoi
Joined 3 Apr 2005
1483 comments
Sat, 6 Dec 2008 16:15
lovely spam, wonderful spam...
Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein
Shendow
Anonymous
Sat, 6 Dec 2008 17:58
OptimusP wrote:
Lets See wrote:
Stockster wrote:
I own both systems and have to say that on buying my ps3 the xbox took a back seat 18 months later and i am loving gears of war 2 and the new res 5 demo, i have to say ps3 lacks in too many areas for me the online is terrible updates take an age and it has nothing that the xbox hasn't got. come on little big planet i think the original xbox was more for the serious gamer i think the 360 is too. nothing to do with the old fan boy thing but i do feel i wasted my 425.00 apart from getting a blu ray player its brought nothing i didn't have before with the 360.

Theres my 2 cents


PS3:
Disc: Bluray
Audio: Lossless 7.1 Channel
Storage: SATA 2.5 HDD/ Speed:1.5Gb/s (SATA-150)
Color Depth: True Color, Deep Color
Color Space: sRGB, BT.709, x.v.Color
Controller: Wireless, Vibration, Motion Sense
Internet: 1000BASE-T wired, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g wireless
Connection: USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.0
Display: HDTV (1920x1080p)
VRAM: 256MB GDDR3
System RAM: 256MB XDR
And PS3's Cell Processor. Thats a long list of things that 360 didn't come with as well as never will have, no matter how you put it, paying 400 or 500 dollars for a PS3 is cheaper then it will cost you after 5 years of 360. Oh for the people that didn't now or read about it from MS, the 360 Arcade is only cheaper because they downgrade some parts in it as well as using cheaper parts and its said to have the Anti RROD in it (Only if its a Model from Oct 28, 08) if not then you didn't get the new things to it.

P.S. Its called reading up on your systems people -_- an at some point I will own all 3 again but until then PS3 is the most power system an 360 comes close.

Wait...you bought the PS3 just for that? You have no life right? Those things can play games too you know!


I didn't but retard people are saying that 360 has the same things a PS3, I'm sorry people but if you can't use your brain then you should just not own a system, PS3 to fix the lack of speed on updating or things like that, is to just buy a cheap new SATA 2.5 HDD(Something your so called 360 can't do) an just look for one that supports more faster uploading an downloading. It helps that PS3 HD is alot cheaper an you have more to choose from then what the 360 has and so far when I got my 360 a 120GB HD, I only got 107 out of it -_- I get more out of a new PS3 then it, thats a big rip off.

P.S. I own both systems an right now I'm just playing some of the new 360 games (Gays Of War 2 isn't one of them) an after I'm done with them I'm going back to PS3. Oh yeah Online sucks but after awhile it gets better an I guess you didn't know that because I have s**t for internet an my PS3 can set itself just right to make up for it and 360 can only bitch about my internet.

HDD for PS3: ***n00b weblink removed*** :Wow a in the 100's?!? an 360's closest to that price isn't in the 100GB's?
Matthew O'Donnell
Joined 4 Mar 2008
85 comments
Sun, 7 Dec 2008 14:39
Posted by Shendow -
PS3 to fix the lack of speed on updating or things like that, is to just buy a cheap new SATA 2.5 HDD(Something your so called 360 can't do) an just look for one that supports more faster uploading an downloading.


BAHAHA. Dam, all these years I was wondering why my internet was slow. It seemed all I had to do was buy new harddrives O_O. Hell maybe if I replace the memory stick itll make the games look better, or maybe ill buy new batterys to fix bad controls in games.

To the point, if your gona be a fanboy. Please! make sure you know what your talking about before you all get hissy with the blah blah this BS. Merry Christmas

Dumbasses
Anonymous
Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:09
Matthew O'Donnell wrote:
Posted by Shendow -
PS3 to fix the lack of speed on updating or things like that, is to just buy a cheap new SATA 2.5 HDD(Something your so called 360 can't do) an just look for one that supports more faster uploading an downloading.


BAHAHA. Dam, all these years I was wondering why my internet was slow. It seemed all I had to do was buy new harddrives O_O. Hell maybe if I replace the memory stick itll make the games look better, or maybe ill buy new batterys to fix bad controls in games.

To the point, if your gona be a fanboy. Please! make sure you know what your talking about before you all get hissy with the blah blah this BS. Merry Christmas



I do you dumbass, it seems like your pee brain can't understand it, a new HDD helps speed up the uploading an downloading an doesn't make your net better. Their I made it so clean that a 360 fanboy can understand an if not then I guess I need a "Speaking 360 For Dummies" just to dump it down for you.
Fanboy Facepalm
Anonymous
Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:27
Dumbasses wrote:
Matthew O'Donnell wrote:
Posted by Shendow -
PS3 to fix the lack of speed on updating or things like that, is to just buy a cheap new SATA 2.5 HDD(Something your so called 360 can't do) an just look for one that supports more faster uploading an downloading.


BAHAHA. Dam, all these years I was wondering why my internet was slow. It seemed all I had to do was buy new harddrives O_O. Hell maybe if I replace the memory stick itll make the games look better, or maybe ill buy new batterys to fix bad controls in games.

To the point, if your gona be a fanboy. Please! make sure you know what your talking about before you all get hissy with the blah blah this BS. Merry Christmas



I do you dumbass, it seems like your pee brain can't understand it, a new HDD helps speed up the uploading an downloading an doesn't make your net better. Their I made it so clean that a 360 fanboy can understand an if not then I guess I need a "Speaking 360 For Dummies" just to dump it down for you.


Well as I have a Hons degree in Games design. Multimedia and Information technology. you should know your abusive and highly flawed method of abusive debating is sad. Your enforcing the idea of fanboys with flying colours (Atleast your parents know what to buy you for christmas and itll be the same black as your PS3)
Uploading and downloading is a specific internet terminology. The hdd incased in the PS3 will be dependant on, and heres the killer so you might wanna put that hamster down before i type it, READ and WRITE. Also RPM (Rotations/Revolutions Per Minute) is the main point that will make minor time differences in loading seeing the PS3 installs everything like a PC. As im simply gona leave you to rot within the internet world as your opinions are valueless in real world, i will finish with this... PS3 doesnt multitask enougth anyways to make the slightest difference with HDD speed. :O


<< Prev12

Log-in or register to permanently change your layout setting.