EA’s Xbox 2 duo revealed

Black and Battlefield: Modern Combat penned

Posted by Staff
EA’s Xbox 2 duo revealed
It has come to light today that EA has at least two projects well underway for Microsoft’s next Xbox console: both of which, unsurprisingly, are first-person shooters.

Black, the mysterious PC FPS underway at Criterion is having an Xbox 2 version coded alongside offerings for current machines, perhaps the first game to see this generational leap. Black is confirmed for the looming system.

The second game underway at EA for Xbox 2 (or Xbox Next or Xeneon or Xavier or whatever you like) according to reports, is Battlefield: Modern Combat; though this is not listed on EA’s internal schedule. Black however, is.


Comments

claudioalex 17 Nov 2004 17:43
1/10
How much will this Next xbox cost to us?
If they just give better graphics, i`ll wait for the revolution or for the ps3 or for a PC . If Microsoft think to retrench and convert their next console into a PC to avoid competition with Sony and Nintendo, they will be doing the HARAKIRY to themselves, cause PC games are in their own battle field and will become their enemies instantly. So i think i`ll wait longer for my next generation console.
Autobot 17 Nov 2004 19:22
2/10
I just have some advice for Microsoft. Stop letting peolpe make First Person Shooters for your console!!!!!!!!

There should be a legal limit to how many are allowed to be released per year for the XBOX and/or XBOX 2. No more than 20 a year!

I swear if the XBOX 2 is going to have more than 50% FPS just call the damn thing The FPSBOX and save the marketing trouble. I won't buy it and most won't either. I love unique games with flashy graphics. Not that I don't mind the occasional Shoot um up, I just don't want to go down to the store and go,"hmmm, let me see should I get Halo 3, Goldeneye 2, Metal of Honor: Honor has no glory Rainbow Six 4, or Doom 4"

Let people have some variety, well Quality Variety. Don't just shove a bunch of crap and when it doesn't sell start saying htat no one like variety.

EA has a history of awesome games and to see that the first games that they want to produce for the XBOX 2 are FPS is really dissapointing. The should announce awesome games like Burnout4: Burnin' asphalt , Oddword: god knows what, Need for Speed: High Stakes 3, SSX4: Downhill Devistation, or Madden 2006.



*all titles are fake just dreams of mine
more comments below our sponsor's message
NiktheGreek 17 Nov 2004 20:00
3/10
Autobot wrote:
I just have some advice for Microsoft. Stop letting peolpe make First Person Shooters for your console!!!!!!!!

There should be a legal limit to how many are allowed to be released per year for the XBOX and/or XBOX 2. No more than 20 a year!

I swear if the XBOX 2 is going to have more than 50% FPS just call the damn thing The FPSBOX and save the marketing trouble. I won't buy it and most won't either. I love unique games with flashy graphics. Not that I don't mind the occasional Shoot um up, I just don't want to go down to the store and go,"hmmm, let me see should I get Halo 3, Goldeneye 2, Metal of Honor: Honor has no glory Rainbow Six 4, or Doom 4"

Let people have some variety, well Quality Variety. Don't just shove a bunch of crap and when it doesn't sell start saying htat no one like variety.

EA has a history of awesome games and to see that the first games that they want to produce for the XBOX 2 are FPS is really dissapointing. The should announce awesome games like Burnout4: Burnin' asphalt , Oddword: god knows what, Need for Speed: High Stakes 3, SSX4: Downhill Devistation, or Madden 2006.



*all titles are fake just dreams of mine

I love it. You complain about unoriginality in the Xbox schedule, and state that you like unique games. You then proceed to ask EA, a company well-known for more than 10 years for sequels, to produce sequels.

The Xbox appeals to Western sensibilities, and the Western-dominated PC market is havily geared towards FPS games. Traditionally, this genre bias is offset by the lack of Japanese support for the style, but the system has received below-par support from that region due to sluggish sales. There may be an abundance of FPS games on the Xbox, there's certainly an underlying reason for it.

Besides, there's plenty of worthwhile non-FPS games on the system. Try Outrun 2 sometime, or Ninja Gaiden. You might enjoy Fable or Metal Slug 3, too. Granted, the latter doesn't have "flashy" graphics, but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the most enjoyable games on any of the three major formats this year.
Twisted23 17 Nov 2004 20:10
4/10
Erm guys, You have made a factual error in this article. Black is a Ps2 and XBOX FPS - no PC version has been anounced.
Autobot 17 Nov 2004 21:24
5/10
The report said that Battlefield: Modern Combat and Black were being developed for the XBOX 2. Either way. I loved Original games I did not say that is all I like. I love games like Jet Set Radio that try to push the envelope further. I own Fable, Ninja gaiden and other XBOX exclusive titles. I never had a problem with the XBOX's non FPS games, I am just saying that there are too many FPS on the system (I only own 3 FPS on the XBOX). My concern has nothing to do with what you are talking about, I was only concerned that the XBOX 2 or whatever is going to have too many FPS in the future.
Newtynho 18 Nov 2004 09:38
6/10
Twisted23 wrote:
Erm guys, You have made a factual error in this article. Black is a Ps2 and XBOX FPS - no PC version has been anounced.


Yeah, that's what I heard too. I think it's being developed for the current-gen consoles.
Ben Furfie 18 Nov 2004 10:48
7/10
You'd be right, it is, but the news is its also being developed for a next gen console too now. Its not a factual error as such.
Ben Furfie 18 Nov 2004 10:50
8/10
claudioalex wrote:
How much will this Next xbox cost to us?
If they just give better graphics, i`ll wait for the revolution or for the ps3 or for a PC . If Microsoft think to retrench and convert their next console into a PC to avoid competition with Sony and Nintendo, they will be doing the HARAKIRY to themselves, cause PC games are in their own battle field and will become their enemies instantly. So i think i`ll wait longer for my next generation console.
Right so... basically you are saying if Microsoft make a console, you won't buy it... and if they make a PC hybrid, you won't buy it... why didn't you just say you wouldn't buy a next gen Xbox?

At the end of the day Microsoft will one day own the console market. If you are still telling yourself that it will never then your living in a pipe dream, get over it. I'm not saying it will happen anytime soon but it will happen eventually.
lozbag 18 Nov 2004 12:48
9/10
"At the end of the day Microsoft will one day own the console market."

I think all you need to do is look at Apple to see how misguided these comments are. Microsoft don't understand how sophisticated modern consumers are and I doubt they ever will.

If anything, as the games market expands we will see more completion, not less.
lozbag 18 Nov 2004 14:00
10/10
"At the end of the day Microsoft will one day own the console market."

I think all you need to do is look at Apple to see how misguided these comments are. Microsoft don't understand how sophisticated modern consumers are and I doubt they ever will.

If anything, as the games market expands we will see more competition, not less.
Posting of new comments is now locked for this page.