It's that time of year when EA Sports bigs up FIFA and its miraculous game-changing enhancements in the face of Konami bigging up PES and its game-enhancing changes. This time we've got Career Mode from FIFA 13.
EA Sports has really gone town with Career Mode for FIFA 13
, listing more changes than any premier league footballer could count on the... well, could count actually.
Not at all smugly or hyperbolicly, EA is "incredibly pleased to bring you this rundown of the modes new features which address many community requests of old and, introduce some truly staggering new technical innovations."
New things to enhance your virtual soccer life include: International Management
- "As your reputation as a manager grows in Career Mode you will now be offered the chance to manage International teams in addition to the club side you are already playing with."In Match Live Score Updates
- "Whilst playing your Career Mode matches you?ll now receive audio updates from other games being played in your league voiced by Alan Mcinally and Geoff Shreeves."Player Stories
- "Interaction with players is now more regular with instant feedback received based on managerial decisions."Be A Player
- "Once you?ve chosen your player (VP or real) you receive a set of Season Objectives to complete from the manager. The type of player you choose (forward, midfielder, defender, etc) will shape these objectives."Classified Results
- "After each Career Mode match you now receive a rundown of the classified results through in-game audio (think BBC Final Score)"Managers Office
- "You can now view any available managerial positions via the Jobs Board, this allows you to change clubs mid season should you wish to."Transfer Negotiations
- "The transfer system has been completely re-written for Career Mode in FIFA 13."Breaking News
- "A new Sky Sports-style overlay will now deliver breaking and top news to the Career Mode hub."Edit Players
- "You now have the ability to edit player appearance during your Career Mode seasons. This option can be unlocked via the new EASFC Catalogue."User Interface
- "You can now read news articles from the media pane whilst the game is advancing."More info over at EA.