The latest iteration in the long-running Nintendo franchise, Donkey Kong Country Returns, has sold 4.21m units worldwide it can be revealed.
The title, which saw release on December 3rd last year, joins 14 other top-sellers from the Kyoto based games developer, including DS title New Super Mario Bros.
, shifting 26.2m copies to date, and Wii Fit Plus
which has sold through 17.7m units.Pokemon Black and White
have sold over 5m units so far and recent chart entry Art Academy
has sold 1.5m units to date. The newest Pokemon
titles are due for release in the UK in early March.
The lifetime sales for Nintendo titles that sold more than 1m copies from April-December 2010 can be found below. Any thoughts on the matter, and how Nintendo seems to strike gold with its first-party releases for the machine, feel free to post these in the Comments section below.Top-selling Wii gamesMario Kart Wii
- 26,500,000 unitsWii Sports Resort
- 26,350,000 unitsNew Super Mario Bros Wii
- 21,280,000 unitsWii Fit Plus
- 17,740,000 unitsSuper Mario Galaxy 2
- 6,150,000 unitsWii Party
- 5,070,000 unitsDonkey Kong Country Returns
- 4,210,000 unitsSuper Mario All-Stars Limited Edition
- 1,950,000 unitsKirby's Epic Yarn
- 1,380,000 unitsTop-selling DS gamesNew Super Mario Bros DS
- 26,210,000 unitsMario Kart DS
- 20,700,000 unitsPokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver
- 11,720,00 unitsPokémon Black and White
- 5,320,000 unitsArt Academy
- 1,520,000 unitsMario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem
- 1,152,000 units