Starcraft II's reign at the top of the UK games charts was a short one. It's fall from top spot, a big one as it's now sitting below Toy Story 3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Dance on Broadway.
That's right, Starcraft Blizzard from Activision-Blizzard lasted one week at the top of the charts. But Activision stockholders might not have that much to fret about. According to Chart-Track, which compiles the chart, "A general renaissance of the PS3 version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 means that the Activision Blizzard multi-format title storms back up to No2 overall (+21%), a position it has not reached since week 3 this year.
"Ubisoft's Wii Dance on Broadway moves up one place to No3 (-4%) and last week's No1 is now No4, the aforementioned Starcraft II (-72%). Rockstar / Take 2's Red Dead Redemption drops to a lowest ever position of No5 after 12 weeks on chart (-19%). There are 2 new entries this week. The first is Nintendo's DS Art Academy debuting at No28 and the second is GSP/Avanquest's Hidden Mysteries: Titanic at No32 (+64%) thanks to the launch last week of DS/Wii versions, of which the DS version is up 70% over last week, accounting for 80% of overall sales (PC version launched week 2 this year)."
Week 31 All Format Chart
(Previous week at the start. Weeks on chart at end)
(2) - 1 - Toy Story 3 - Disney - (4)
(8) - 2 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Activision - (39)
(4) - 3 - Dance on Broadway - Ubisoft - (6)
(1) - 4 - Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty - Blizzard - (2)
(3) - 5 - Red Dead Redemption - Take Two - (12)
(6) - 6 - Just Dance - Ubisoft - (36)
(7) - 7 - Dragon Quest: Sentinels of the Starry Sky - Square Enix - (3)
(5) - 8 - LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - Warner Bros - (7)
(9) - 9 - Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Nintendo - (9)
(10 - 10 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - EA - (23)