World Cup fever continues to grip the country, as 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa maintains its hold at the top of this week's UK all-format software chart (courtesy GfK Chart-Track), despite a -34% sales drop. Ubisoft's Just Dance (-7%) reclaims the #2 spot, after having passed 1 million sales in the UK.
(1) - 1 - 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa - Electronic Arts - (2)
(3) - 2 - Just Dance - Ubisoft - (23)
(9) - 3 - Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Activision Blizzard - (26)
(6) - 4 - Wii Fit Plus - Nintendo - (28)
(8) - 5 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Electronic Arts - (10)
(2) - 6 - Super Street Fighter IV - Capcom - (2)
(7) - 7 - Wii Sports Resort - Nintendo - (42)
(4) - 8 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - Ubisoft - (4)
(5) - 9 - Grand Theft Auto Episodes - Liberty City - Take 2 - (20)
(11) - 10 - Just Cause 2 - Square Enix Europe - (7)
(Note: Last week's position first, followed by this week's ranking, game name, publisher and number of weeks in the chart)
The rest of the chart sees a shuffle of some old favourites, with Modern Warfare 2 jumping up the Top 10 to reach #3 this week following a +34% sales leap. GfK Chart-Track points to some "energetic promotions centred around the special edition versions" as the reason for the renewed interest. It's closest rival, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (+10%) climbs to #5.
Super Street Fighter IV suffers a chart plummet after its debut week thanks to the aforementioned ruckus; from #2 to #6 (-51%). There are some climbers from outside the Top 10 too - SEGA's Iron Man 2 (+58%) landed at #20 last week and is now enjoying #12 on the chart. WarioWare D.I.Y enters the All Format Chart at #24 this week after a huge +104% sales boost, and the PSP camera game Invizimals (+270%) re-enters at #28.