Ubisoft holds on to the two top spots in this week's UK all-format software chart (courtesy GfK Chart-Track), with Splinter Cell Conviction (-46%) and Just Dance (-31%) maintaining its #1 and #2 positions respectively. Capcom and Nintendo's Monster Hunter Tri also has a good debut, hitting #5 and enjoying the most successful launch in the series.
(1) - 1 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction - Ubisoft - (2)
(2) - 2 - Just Dance - Ubisoft - (21)
(3) - 3 - Grand Theft Auto Episodes - Liberty City - Rockstar - (18)
(5) - 4 - Wii Fit Plus - Nintendo - (1)
(NE) - 5- Monster Hunter Tri - Capcom - (1)
(4) - 6 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Ea Games - (26)
(7) - 7 - Wii Sports Resort - Nintendo - (40)
(9) - 8 - Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Activision - (5)
(6) - 9 - Just Cause 2 - Eidos - (8)
(8) - 10 - Pokemon Soulsilver - Nintendo - (24)
(Note: Last week's position first, followed by this week's ranking, game name, publisher and number of weeks in the chart)
There seems to be little change in the Top 10 besides Capcom's team-based beast slayer, with the PS3 and PC versions of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City (-31%) holding strong in third and Wii Fit Plus (-3%) climbing up to fourth. Modern Warfare 2 also leapt a place to #8, such is the power of Infinity Ward's beast.
The only other new entry to hit the chart at all was Namco Bandai's Dead to Rights: Retribution, which landed this week into #22.