Looks like things in Japan are just as boring as they are in the UK. A lack of new titles means this week's Japanese Software Charts (5th - 11th April 2010, courtesy Media Create) sees an overall sales slump as already-released games shuffle around the Top 10. New Super Mario Bros. Wii clinches the top spot once more while last week's #1, Etrian Odyssey III, plummets to #7 following a colossal sales drop.1 New Super Mario Bros. Wii
– Nintendo (Wii) – 37,2442 Fist of the North Star: Warriors
– Koei (PS3) – 34,2623 Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2010
– Konami (PSP) – 31,1274 Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2010
– Konami (PS3) – 30,6245 Tomodachi Collection
– Nintendo (DS) – 22,5636 Pokemon Ranger: Tracks of Light
– Pokemon Company (DS) – 20,3597 Etrian Odyssey III
– Atlus (DS) – 19,2578 Yakuza 4: Heir to the Legend
– SEGA (PS3) – 17,7889 Wii Fit Plus
– Nintendo (Wii) – 15,38010 Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best)
– Capcom (PSP) – 11,240
(Note: Chart position is first, then game name, publisher, format and sales for this week)Fist of the North Star: Warriors
continues to sit comfortably in second position, and it appears that the Japanese public are still very much into the Baseball season with Konami's Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2010
holding 3rd and 4th place for PSP and PS3 versions respectively. Unfortunately, the PS2 version fell out of the Top 10 and is ranked #11 this week.
Taking its place is – again – Capcom's budget PSP re-release of Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G
. This hardcore party slaying game appears to be the fallback title whenever the Japanese chart suffers a slow week. But we doubt Capcom's complaining. Wii Fit Plus
returns to the chart after a brief absence, probably brought on by businesspeople working instead of working out.
Let's hope for a more active line-up next week, eh?