Don't look now, but budget party game Just Dance has grooved its way back into the #1 spot of the UK's all-format software charts (courtesy GfK Chart-Track) and Easter Holiday buying. The Ubisoft title has clinched the top spot on several occasions since its release last year, making its movements unprecedented in the Top 10.
(5) - 1 - Just Dance - Ubisoft - (18)
(1) - 2 - Just Cause 2 - Eidos/Square - (2)
(3) - 3 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - EA - (5)
(6) - 4 - Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Activision Blizzard - (21)
(2) - 5 - Pokemon Soulsilver - Nintendo - (2)
(9) - 6 - Wii Sports Resort - Nintendo - (37)
(4) - 7 - Pokemon Heartgold - Nintendo - (2)
(12) - 8 - FIFA 10 - EA - (27)
(10) - 9 - Wii Fit Plus - Nintendo - (23)
(11) - 10 - New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Nintendo - (20)
Easter gave players a good chance to catch up on some gaming, as the rest of the Top 10 consists of the usual recent (and not-so-recent) suspects. Just Cause 2, enjoying an explosive #1 debut last week, drops a place while Pokemon Soul Silver and Heart Gold editions fall to #5 and #7 respectively. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 holds its ground at #3.
Now for the ancients. Modern Warfare 2 just got stimulated by its recent DLC pack to charge up two places to #4, while Nintendo favourites Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus and New Super Mario Bros. Wii command the bottom of the Top 10. FIFA 10 dribbles back into play after a brief spell outside of the charts.
With no new entries gracing the Top 40 (let alone Top 10), we'll have to wait a week to see if buying habits change now that the holiday (for most of us) is over. Hopefully poor Blazblue: Calamity Trigger - released this last week and sitting outside of the Top 40 - will see some more sales.