God of War III dominates the UK software charts this week (courtesy GfK-Chart Track), as the PlayStation 3 exclusive pummels its way to #1. It marks Sony's second top-spot victory in as many months, with Heavy Rain achieving the same in February. Kratos' latest adventure outsold God of War II's launch by a ratio of 2.65 to 1.
(NE) - 1 - God Of War III - SCE - (1)
(2) - 2 - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Electronic Arts - (3)
(1) - 3 - Final Fantasy XIII - Square Enix - (2)
(3) - 4 - Just Dance - Ubisoft - (16)
(4) - 5 - Metro 2033 - THQ - (1)
(5) - 6 - Wii Fit Plus - Nintendo - (21)
(4) - 7 - Heavy Rain - SCE - (4)
(9) - 8 - Wii Sports Resort - Nintendo - (35)
(7) - 9 - Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - SEGA - (4)
(6) - 10 - Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Activision Blizzard - (19)
Joining Kratos in the Top 10 this week is THQ's Metro 2033 which has earned itself an impressive debut position at #5. Outside of the Top 10, newcomers Dragon Age Origins: Awakening sits at #11 and Command and Conquer 4 enters the charts at #12, while Capcom's MotoGP 09/10 races to #21.
Despite the fever for God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII still holds the record for fastest-selling game of 2010 so far though. Square Enix's latest falls to 3rd place this week after a colossal 80 per cent drop in sales. EA's Battlefield: Bad Company 2 hangs on to 2nd despite a drop of 37 per cent.
Similar drops are seen across the board for the rest of the Top 10, which enjoys the usual shuffle about as Just Dance lands in 4th position, Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resort move about a bit and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 comes close to being relegated from the top of the charts. Unthinkable! Will it cling on another week? We'll find out soon enough.