The UK chart list is in for this past week, and not an awful lot has changed in the Top 10. It seems like these are the games that will sit comfortably until Christmas is over, with many titles being good present fodder.
King of these at the moment remains Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which despite suffering a sales slump of 32 per cent is still at the top of the charts. Assassinís Creed II spends another week at #2, but sales fell by 24 per cent since its launch the week before.
Plenty of Wii games are shuffling around in the rest of the Top 10, with Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games up a place to 7th and F1 2009 reaching #10 (from #11 last week). New Super Mario Bros. Wii (+46%) and Wii Fit Plus maintain their #3 and #5 spots respectively. FIFA 10 and Wii Sports Resort (+11%) switch places from last week, at #4 and #6.
Left 4 Dead 2 (#8) and Forza Motorsport 3 (number 9) round off the Top 10, and with only a few key games being released in the next couple of weeks (including The Saboteur and Tony Hawkís Ride) itís likely this is the way the charts will stay for the rest of the year.
A good time to place bets on Christmas #1, we reckon. Whoís game? Predictions in the comments box!
The All Format Chart (Last week in brackets)
(1) - 1 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Activision
(2) - 2 - Assassinís Creed II - Ubisoft
(3) - 3 - New Super Mario Bros Wii - Nintendo
(6) - 4 - FIFA 10 - EA
(5) - 5 - Wii Fit Plus - Nintendo
(4) - 6 - Wii Sports Resort - Nintendo
(8) - 7 - Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - Sega
(7) - 8 - Left 4 Dead 2 - EA
(9) - 9 - Forza Motorsport 3 - Microsoft
(11) - 10 - F1 2009 - Codemasters