Someone in the USA is going to be very, very, very unhappy when they realise what they've done. The SEGA and SCEA meeting notes mentioned this morning
are available if you simply point an FTP client at this address
. That's not to say that after someone wakes up in the USA and realises what they've done, the notes for an August 5th meeting won't be taken down from the unpassworded, site and the folder 'SEGA News', pronto.
We've already reported that notes contained release dates for the Motion Controller; and news of PS2 emulation for the PS3 - or at least remastered PS2 titles to be made available on PSN.
Bearing in mind that the notes relate to an August 2009 meeting, the following is also mentioned:Sony PS3
- SCEA reiterated plans to sell 13 million PS3s this year.
- Big announcement back half of year they canít talk about (potentially price cut of PS3 to reach hardware goals).
- SCEA commented on indexing between PS3 and 360 SKUs, should be around 2:1 to garner most favorable treatment. Motion Controller
- Spring 2010 launch (March in JP).
- No bundle/pricing details yet, should come Sept 1.
- Plan on selling 4-5MM units WW (world wide).
- SCEA agreed to provide a list of Sega IP that would work well with the motion controller, Virtua Tennis was an example.
- Motion Controller support allows easy way to differentiate PS3 SKU.
- Other differentiation opportunities include PSP/PS3 interoperability Ė think of features that would make users want to buy both PS3 and PSP SKUs.
And there's more to come.