So, Week 36 of the UK video games charts complied by Chart-Track and owned by ELSPA rolls around just before the kids go back to school. The hugely critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum remains in top spot. The launch of the PS3 Slim and its Arkham bundle has seen the title retain its Number 1 spot as sales of the console drive it along.
Other good news in the PlayStation camp is the sight of Dissidia: Final Fantasy on the PSP making its Top 10 chart debut, at Number 10.
It also appears that Activison Blizzard's Call of Duty/Modern Warfare series is grabbing the public's imagination as anticipation mounts for the release of Modern Warfare 2 in November, as Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare shoots up the chart to Number 3 from Number 10. Call Of Duty: World At War remains in the Top 10.
UK Video Game Chart - Week 36
(1) - 1 - Batman: Arkham Asylum - Eidos
(2) - 2 - Wii Sports Resort - Nintendo
(10) - 3 - Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Activision
(5) - 4 - Wii Fit - Nintendo
(3) - 5 - Ashes Cricket 2009 - Codemasters
(NE) - 6 - Il2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey - 1C Company
(8) - 7 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 - EA Sports
(6) - 8 - Call Of Duty: World At War - Activision
(RE) - 9 - Fight Night Round 4 - EA Sports
(NE) - 10 - Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Square Enix