Eidos and Beautiful Game Studios are pricing Championship Manager 2010 in a 'pay as you like format' for a limited period. We understand that traditional retailers will not be left out in the cold with a 'Special Edition' that includes six CM Live Season updates, usually £5, available instore.
The plan is that you can pay anything from a penny upwards for the game, there's a £2.50 'transaction fee'. The deal runs from 18th August and closes at midnight on 10th September 2009 - the day before release. After this, the game will cost £29.99.
The details are as follows:
- Championship Manager ‘pay what you want campaign’ runs from 9am 18th August and closes on 10th September 2009.
- To register and make the payment visit www.championshipmanager.co.uk
- Only purchases made in this time period will be eligible for the ‘pay what you want promotion’
- Once you have made the transaction you will be able to download the full game (at www.champmanstore.com
) on the official launch date - 11th September 2009.
- After the window closes on September 10th the game will be available from www.champmanstore.com
for the RRP £29.99 and also from all good stockists.
- The ‘pay what you want model’ only applies to digital downloads.
- Special Edition box will only be available on initial delivery into store on September 11th until sold out.
See what SEGA is doing with Football Manager 2010 pre-order pricing here