Codemasters: Microsoft Natal No Use for Racers

Games like Burnout Paradise, sure...

Posted by Staff
Codemasters: Microsoft Natal No Use for Racers
Codemaster?s Ralph Fulton is the game design manager for Colin McRae: Dirt 2. He was impressed by what he saw of Microsoft's full-body-controller, Natal, at E3 ("...it's sufficiently different from what had gone before, and maybe Sony's controller isn't"), but he still doesn't think Natal can cut it.

Despite that same E3 demo including Criterion's Burnout Paradise driver, Fulton doesn't think that Natal is capable of handling a 'real' racing game.

?The complexity of control for a racing game, certainly for a core racing game like ours, requires a controller.

"It requires feedback, and I don't think waving your hands around and pretending you're steering a car offers you the precision or the feedback that racing games require."

By "feedback", does he mean 'rumble'? What do you think? Will you be playing a hardcore racer or sports sim or FPS with Natal? (Is Burnout Paradise just a pussy driving game?) Give us your opinions in the Forum.

Source:videogamer

Comments

Daz 11 Aug 2009 11:19
1/5
as of right now natal doesn't look all that impressive so I'll be skipping it, if I wanna interact with kids I'll go to pub and talk to a REAL person.
DrkStr 11 Aug 2009 12:28
2/5
Daz wrote:
as of right now natal doesn't look all that impressive so I'll be skipping it, if I wanna interact with kids I'll go to pub and talk to a REAL person.

That';s like saying you'll be skipping the wii because you don't wanna play wii fit. That milo thing was just a demo of some of what natal can do.

On-topic, I can't see natal being good for anything except wii-alike casual games, same for Sony's dildo-wand thing.
more comments below our sponsor's message
Daz 11 Aug 2009 15:18
3/5
DrkStr wrote:
Daz wrote:
as of right now natal doesn't look all that impressive so I'll be skipping it, if I wanna interact with kids I'll go to pub and talk to a REAL person.

That';s like saying you'll be skipping the wii because you don't wanna play wii fit. That milo thing was just a demo of some of what natal can do.

On-topic, I can't see natal being good for anything except wii-alike casual games, same for Sony's dildo-wand thing.


I know, but it was all I could think of on short notice.

how about skipping it because I have PSEye and a Wii?
deleted 11 Aug 2009 18:22
4/5
Why does no one see that natal ulike what sony is bringing and ninty offer, can work along side with controllers?

no one see this, ie, use your conrtoller (being a pad or wheel) for dirt 2 but add natal support for things like adjusting your rear view mirror or using windscreen wipers little things that wont impact on the gameplay but add value to tghe console, while dedicated natal games can take full potential, i see natal working extrememly well on team based FPS games along with controller.
Daz 11 Aug 2009 20:06
5/5
haritori wrote:
Why does no one see that natal ulike what sony is bringing and ninty offer, can work along side with controllers?

no one see this, ie, use your conrtoller (being a pad or wheel) for dirt 2 but add natal support for things like adjusting your rear view mirror or using windscreen wipers little things that wont impact on the gameplay but add value to tghe console, while dedicated natal games can take full potential, i see natal working extrememly well on team based FPS games along with controller.


natal IS what Sony and Nintendo offer (only Wii doesn't have the camera)
Posting of new comments is now locked for this page.