Microsoft has put a date to the birth of the latest brainchild of Peter Molyneux and Linohead Studios, Fables II
. The good news, Mums and Dads, is that you'll be able to stuff Little Johnny's Greedmas stocking with it (so long as Little Johnny's 16 or older).
The game will be out on October 24th over here. US gamers will be able to get it a little earlier on the 21st, while the rest of the world will have to wait a little while to find out when they'll see it released.Fable II Pub Games
has also had a date put to it - August 13th. 360 owners will be able to get it for free if they pre-order Fable II
from a participating retailer, while those who don't will be able to download it for 800 Microsoft Points. The game is a collection of "casino-type" pub games dubbed 'Fortune’s Tower', 'Keystone' and 'Spinnerbox'. Booty earned in them can be amassed then used in Fable II
when it launches.
In addition to the standard version of the game, Microsoft has also confirmed the contents of the 'Limited Collector's Edition' announced earlier in the year
. Packed in with it will be:
• Bonus DVD – Includes new ‘Making-of Feature’ with Peter Molyneux and the team at Lionhead Studios and concept art viewer.
• Bonus In-Game Content (Requires LIVE account) – Includes “The Hall of the Dead” Dungeon, “The Wreckager” Legendary Cutlass Weapon and Otherworldly Bonus.
• Collectible Hobbe figure with accessories – From the Qee Collection comes this one-of-a-kind Hobbe figure. Nasty, brutish, and short, he roams the countryside, preying on travelers and spiriting away the children of the unwary.
• 48-hour Xbox LIVE Gold Trial Card – With Xbox LIVE Gold, players can show off their individual hero by inviting friends into their unique version of Albion or they can visit their friends’ Albion, and earn additional gold, experience and renown to take back into their own.
• Five printed Fate Cards – These five beautiful cards foretell the Hero’s great destiny to journey across all of Albion, encountering deadly enemies and enigmatic allies. The path leads to a choice that will change the world forever.
You can see the goodies in the picture above.
For more on Fable II
, see SPOnG's dedicated game page