SPOnG's Top 20 Reader Voted Games: July 28th

Chart fixing nightmare comes to nought

Posted by Staff
SPOnG's Top 20 Reader Voted Games: July 28th
So, what a difference a weekend makes. Despite nefarious attempts to rig the SPOnG straw poll of reader visits to game-specific pages, the SPOnG Reader Top 20 appears to have emerged unscathed.

It's also looking quite conservative with big guns such as Ninja Gaiden 2, SoulCalibur IV, Grand Theft Auto IV and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots all featuring highly.

It would also appear that anybody interested in casual games (is echochrome casual?) was probably out and about playing the real world over this searing weekend. Sure, some were interested in The Sims 2: Pets but for the most part it seems that the hardcore gamer eschewed the big, bright, hot yellow thing in the sky and got their heads down.

In terms of hardware, the PS3 is still garnering most interest (where are you Xbox 360 people?) followed by the PC. Nintendo got one single vote and that was for Family Trainer on the Wii.

In case you missed the rules of the vote - all you have to do is use SPOnG's search engine to find a game that interests you and visit the page. That's it.

SPOnG Readers Top 20 Games
Ninja Gaiden 2 - Xbox 360
Tomb Raider: Underworld - PS3
Guitar Hero World Tour - PS3
SoulCalibur IV - PS3
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - PS3
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 - Xbox 360
Family Trainer - Nintendo Wii
Gears of War 2 - Xbox 360
The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar - PC
Alan Wake - PC
Ferrari Challenge: Trofeo Pirelli - PS3
echochrome - PS3
LEGO Batman: The Videogame - PC
Racedriver: GRID - PC
LittleBigPlanet - PS3
SPORE - PC
Unreal Tournament 3 - PS3
echochrome - PSP
Grand Theft Auto IV - PS3
The Sims 2: Pets - Xbox 360

Platform Ratings in Chart
Sony PlayStation 3 - 9
PC - 5
Microsoft Xbox 360 - 4
Nintendo Wii - 1
Sony PlayStation Portable - 1

Comments

schnide 28 Jul 2008 11:03
1/8
Just to make things easier for everyone, I've compiled all the reader highlights so far:

http://tinyurl.com/56udvl
http://news.spong.com/game/11035135?cb=867
http://gamecharts.notlong.com
http://xrl.us/okze2
http://simurl.com/rabzar
RoyK 28 Jul 2008 11:50
2/8
How can someone vote for unreleased games? Makes this list completely irrelevant.
more comments below our sponsor's message
Tim Smith 28 Jul 2008 11:55
3/8
RoyK wrote:
How can someone vote for unreleased games? Makes this list completely irrelevant.


Because you are voting on your interest in a game. The more a game page - for example Spore - is visited, the more votes its gets in terms of interest in it.

Couldn't be more simple.

To say that people's interest in games - forthcoming, current or even ancient - is irrelevant misses the point of a website dedicated to video games IMHO.

Cheers

Tim
config 28 Jul 2008 12:51
4/8
Oh, and revisiting an already viewed game doesn't count.

We use nerd magic nullify that kind of subterfuge, but you're more than welcome to try to work your way around it...
Was p 28 Jul 2008 18:27
5/8
Spong asks "(where are you Xbox 360 people?)".
Answer: Playing one of many worthwhile games on the format.
I've got a back log of stuff to play on the Xbox, but on the PS3, next to nowt (apart from the download stuff, which I think is better than the Xbox mini/casual stuff.). So if I had just a PS3, I'd spend a lot more time looking for games as I'd have run out things to play.
schnide 28 Jul 2008 18:52
6/8
Was p wrote:
Spong asks "(where are you Xbox 360 people?)".
Answer: Playing one of many worthwhile games on the format.
I've got a back log of stuff to play on the Xbox, but on the PS3, next to nowt (apart from the download stuff, which I think is better than the Xbox mini/casual stuff.). So if I had just a PS3, I'd spend a lot more time looking for games as I'd have run out things to play.


I have very, very strong suspicions that you've been here before, except not using that name. When choosing your avatar, why not consider some moody-looking band-fronting goth bird?
Was p 28 Jul 2008 20:03
7/8
schnide wrote:
Was p wrote:
Spong asks "(where are you Xbox 360 people?)".
Answer: Playing one of many worthwhile games on the format.
I've got a back log of stuff to play on the Xbox, but on the PS3, next to nowt (apart from the download stuff, which I think is better than the Xbox mini/casual stuff.). So if I had just a PS3, I'd spend a lot more time looking for games as I'd have run out things to play.


I have very, very strong suspicions that you've been here before, except not using that name. When choosing your avatar, why not consider some moody-looking band-fronting goth bird?


Now that just isn't very nice.
Was p 28 Jul 2008 20:29
8/8
schnide wrote:
Was p wrote:
Spong asks "(where are you Xbox 360 people?)".
Answer: Playing one of many worthwhile games on the format.
I've got a back log of stuff to play on the Xbox, but on the PS3, next to nowt (apart from the download stuff, which I think is better than the Xbox mini/casual stuff.). So if I had just a PS3, I'd spend a lot more time looking for games as I'd have run out things to play.


I have very, very strong suspicions that you've been here before, except not using that name. When choosing your avatar, why not consider some moody-looking band-fronting goth bird?


Now that just isn't very nice at all. Give something a slightly pro Xbox lean, and this is what I get? Thanks. I've always wanted to be mistaken for a git of no consequence.
Posting of new comments is now locked for this page.