has just wiggled onto Xbox Live Arcade today, and SPOnG has some very special news for all you fans of the game out there – you can play the game against legendary Worms’
creator Martyn Brown and his dev team up at Team 17.Worms
is the first turn-based strategy game on XBLA in which teams of heavily armed worms battle across bizarre, randomly generated landscapes for supremacy - with each team taking turns to pick off opposing team members using various barking mad weapons, tools and other stuff.
The game will set you back 800 Microsoft Points and is (US) rated E10+ due to the ‘Mild Cartoon Violence’.
Should you wish to battle it out with the guys up at Team 17 in Wakefield, then just head right here to the Team 17 forum
to get involved! (You'll need to register mind).
Here’s the complete list of features for Worms
• A mix of strategy and arcade action that, although simple to understand, contains real depth and massive replayability
• Turn-based multiplayer action for up to four players locally or over Xbox Live*
• An assortment of game options:
o Landscape on which to do battle
o Turn and round times
o Starting weapon arsenal for each team
• Three detailed tutorials to introduce the mechanics to first-time players
• Twenty increasingly difficult single-player challenges
• Three graphical themes for play
• A random landscape generator to ensure that no two landscapes are ever the same
• Twenty-two weapons and utilities to deploy against your enemies
• Many customizable elements, including what worms and teams are named, what worms say, and which gravestone they have when they die
• High-definition visuals and many graphical improvements throughout the game
• Twelve achievements
• Weekly, monthly and overall leaderboards