New Halo 3 Documentary on Live Arcade

Seven minute doc outlines new, improved Brutes and more

Posted by Staff
The Halo hype machine trundles on, with the release of a new seven-minute video ?documentary? on XBLA this week; or, in Bungie?s newly made-up language, a seven-minute ?ViDoc?.

The ViDoc is entitled "Et Tu Brute?," and weighs in at 97Mb. The focus is mostly on the non-playable Brutes characters.

"Brutes were added a little late [to Halo 2], we didn't really have time to flesh them out. That's what we're doing in Halo 3," said one Bungie rep.

You get to see how Brutes will move in packs and come in three classes, distinguished by differing armour: the standard Brute soldier, captain, and chieftain, each recognizable by the extravagance of their armour.

Bungie is quick in with disclaimers on its website, pointing out that the graphics shown are works in progress. They also tell us that the ViDoc shows a first glimpse of "the bad guy you will grow to love and hate." SPOnG couldn?t make out who he was.

We?re sure to be watching it again around ten times today though to try to find him. Tell us if you can see him!

Check out the documentary on Xbox Live Marketplace now or, if you are unfortunately not able to do so or (weirdly) not even on Xbox Live, then SPOnG will be bringing you the full documentary in due course.
Companies:
Games:

Comments

king skins 21 Dec 2006 10:44
1/5
The fanboi's analyse the f**k out of these videos but are to stupid to notice the pre_alpha_code text that is on all ingame footage!

Anyway, vid was very boring
hollywooda 21 Dec 2006 10:53
2/5
people grumble that Bungie dont show enough Halo 3 new info, then they bitch when they do.....
more comments below our sponsor's message
SCiARA 21 Dec 2006 11:15
3/5
king skins wrote:
The fanboi's analyse the f**k out of these videos but are to stupid to notice the pre_alpha_code text that is on all ingame footage


I?m lost here, is this to something in the article or just spontaneous combustion?
king skins 21 Dec 2006 11:24
4/5
SCiARA wrote:
king skins wrote:
The fanboi's analyse the f**k out of these videos but are to stupid to notice the pre_alpha_code text that is on all ingame footage


I?m lost here, is this to something in the article or just spontaneous combustion?


was replying to this bit... but there was a bit of spontaneous combustion involved

news article wrote:
Bungie is quick in with disclaimers on its website, pointing out that the graphics shown are works in progress.
king skins 21 Dec 2006 11:25
5/5
hollywooda wrote:
people grumble that Bungie dont show enough Halo 3 new info, then they bitch when they do.....


The saying "damed if you do, damed if you don't" springs to mind
Posting of new comments is now locked for this page.